CHAPTER 4

"Stand up." Rune commanded sternly. Aya did not hesitate and stood up right away.

"Now, I shall teach you the basic greetings. Commoners should bow in a 90° angle. Knights, magicians and alchemists bow in 45°. Merchants, Lords, Barons, Counts and Marquis in 30°. The Dukes, Prime Minister and the Grand Magician in 15° angle. Although rare, Royalties only nod their head in greeting... Since you are the Priestess of light, you can also be regarded as an honorary royalty."

Aya frowned and thought, "Even bowing and greetings are so complicated." she then paused, "Then does that mean that I am higher in standing than you, Mr. Rune?"

Although Aya did not mean anything bad by it, Rune narrowed his eyes at her, "Besides you, I am the only one with light magic in this world. I believe that this 'standing' does not apply to me."

"Oops... It seems like I gave an impression of a greedy woman." Aya thought as she apologized. "I'm sorry, Mr. Rune. I was only curious."

Rune then took out a yellow gem, "This is a magic stone infused with my light magic. You lived in a world without magic, so you might need a catalyst to form your own mana. Try sensing the magic in this..."

Aya's eyes shone brightly as she thought about magic. She reached out for the stone, but was unable to feel anything. Aya tried closing her eyes to concentrate. She, however, still failed. Her eyes dimmed in disappointment. Aya felt that even in this world, she was still useless.

"There is no need to hurry. Take the stone and practice everyday until you succeed... Let us end our lessons here." Rune said as he prepared to leave.

Aya regained a little of her confidence as she smiled, "Thank you, Mr. Rune. I will take my leave now."

Aya lead Winrar to the garden to practice her magic. She stood in front of the white roses. The surrounding was dark, but the roses stood out like stars in the night.

Aya sighed deeply, "I wonder if I could really learn how to use magic... What if I can't? I would surely disappoint everyone..."

Winrar smiled gently at her, "Priestess is being taught by Master Rune, so I'm sure you will succeed."

"But it seems like Mr. Rune have a bad impression of me... I also said something that might make him hate me more." Aya slumped down and sat on the grass.

"Master Rune is only unused to people, especially women. Noble ladies have been plotting to have his heart for years now. He must have developed a natural avoidance towards that... But Priestess is so pretty, I'm sure Master Rune would get used to you quickly." Winrar hurriedly comforted Aya.

Aya stretched out her arms, "Aaah! I want to relax a little. Can I trouble you to bring me a candlelight, a paper and a pen?"

Winrar bowed and went to get the things Aya asked for. Upon returning, she handed the things to Aya. "What do you want to do, Priestess?"

"Hehe sit in front of me, with your back towards the roses." Aya giggled and pointed to the white roses.

Aya felt like she would be able to think clearly and focus more while drawing. It might also help with forming her magic, since art is her only light back in her world.

Aya was wearing a white, sequined dress. As she was sitting on the ground, the bottom of her dress was spread out like feathers. She placed the candlelight beside her, lighting up her side profile. The light also caused her dress to twinkle a little. Aya furrowed her eyebrows and focused on drawing. Like they said, there is charm in a concentrating beauty.

This was exactly the scene that a red-haired knight saw as he passed by the garden. He came to the Wyeth mansion today to visit his older brother. He did not expect to see a fairy. The girl looked like she came from another world. A picture of peaceful elegance.

Aya did not notice the knight as he stood there and observe her. He leaned against the wall and watched how concentrated the girl was. He did not want to disturb her.

It took two bell rings for Aya to finish. Aya excitedly lifted up her drawing and showed it to Winrar. "Look! Is it good?"

Winrar went near the paper and looked carefully. "Oh my... Priestess is really great. This is such a good gift. May I have this, please?"

Aya nodded proudly and gave Winrar her drawing. "A gift, huh... Do you think I can give one to Mr. Rune as well?"

"I wonder..." Winrar was cut off when they suddenly heard a sound.

It turned out that the Knight stepped on a branch as he attempted to get near them. When he realized that he was discovered, the knight raised his hands in surrender to show that he was harmless. "Who are you, ladies? Are you flower fairies who came to see the garden? Or do you live in this mansion?... That can't be, right? Considering that the owner of this residence is an anti-social prick..."

Aya watched the stranger in front of her run his mouth off. Aya observed him to be a knight as he was wearing a black tight shirt accentuating his muscles, a white fatigue pants and a sword hanging by his hip. Despite appearing like a knight, his looks were like that of a rough bandit. He was handsome, nevertheless, with flaming red hair, sharp orange eyes, high nose and red lips.

This was the most otherworldly-looking guy Aya has ever seen, since coming to this world. He looks like a troublemaker, but Aya can't take her eyes away from the guy... especially at his hair. In this dark world, he looks like a walking flame... blazingly bright.

Winrar frowned at how the guy was talking non-stop. She stepped forward and hid Aya behind her, "Excuse me, Sir Knight. My lady is the Priestess of light, Aya Reed. We are under the care of the Grand Magician, Rune Wyeth. May we ask for your identity, sir?"

The guy was surprised, but then he suddenly smirked. He bent on one knee and solemnly said, "Forgive my rudeness, Priestess. I am a knight-in-training, Vio Faust. The adopted son of Duke Valentin Faust. I am also the biological younger brother of the Butler, Diev. Master Rune had told me about you, Priestess Aya."

The knight, Vio, looked up at Aya and smiled smugly. Aya's thoughts at this time were, "This guy is surely a troublemaker!"