Part 5.

Cornelia vowed the night after her embarrassing behaviour towards her friend, that she would find him, and make him pay for her family, but also for framing her best friend. Her best friend was never capable of doing such a vile act. It just wasn't in her nature!

4 years of prison, 3 appeals later, Marilyn sat in dejected in jail. If she couldn't get out of her soon, she would kill herself and of that, she was certain. Cornelia had tried her best to get her out, but unfortunately, no judge wanted to re-open the case. "She was as guilty as one could possibly be" were the comments.

One day, exactly on the 5th year of prison, she received a summons to appear before the warden. As soon as she walked in with three guards trailing her, she couldn't believe it! Her parents stood there, along with Cornelia, her lawyer, and another man that she had never met. She looked confused, but the man immediately set the record straight.

"I'm sorry for what you had to go through. You see, my brother died yesterday, and he confessed to the murder of Camelia, and her parents." He nodded respectfully to Cornelia and then continued "He said that he saw you turn the corner of the house as he strode away. He shot them because they wouldn't leave him alone and kept bugging him to pay his rent on the apartment. To give him some leeway, he wanted to frighten them, but ended up killing them instead."

After this confession, the guards let Marilyn free, signed some papers, and Marilyn walked out a free lady of 22 years of age accompanied by her parents, and best friend Cornelia. Her record was erased immediately due to her innocence. Marilyn lived the rest of her life near Cornelia, finishing high school, got her dream job as a journalist, but never once marrying. However, Marilyn adopted 2 children, a boy and a girl. Marilyn outlived her parents by 25 years 3 months and 9 days.

 This is the story of the Holne Girl who wanted nothing more than a quiet, peaceful life but got everything except that.