𝐨𝐧𝐞

~lilia buckingham~

millie, emily, and i were having a sleepover at my house, summer had just started and we were excited. we're watching this show called, "atypical" they've heard of it before but never really watched it. "pass me the popcorn, mill?" i asked millie. millie looked puzzled and answered, "no thanks." emily looked at her and said, "just give her the popcorn." oh, i see what she's doing, "please?" i pouted and she gave me the popcorn. we all got comfortable and kept on watching; we're on the second season.

   i grabbed my phone and looked at the time, "holy shit, we've got to go to sleep guys" i turned to look at emily and millie and they were knocked out. i grabbed the remote to turn off the tv but before i did the characters, casey and izzie, they had they're foreheads together. they were about to kiss when casey's mom ruined it, "come on!" i whispered. i continued to pause the show and turned the tv off. i knew i was bisexual, for the longest time. i've always been in a relationship with a guy, never a girl. but i know that i'm attracted to girls. anyways, casey and izzie, they seem so cute. i turned off my lights and tried to go to sleep but i couldn't. they're almost kiss made me wonder if i'll ever have that.

   i don't think i'll ever find someone who i connect with, sure i connect with emily and millie but not like that. the problem is that i'm a really touchy friend, it's just how i am, i can't help it. so when i meet someone and become touchy, they usually stop talking to me. i've tried to stop with the touchy-ness and the "baby" and "babe" but i can't. it just happens. so maybe i'll find my person and maybe i'll connect with them. or maybe not. either way, i'm fine. i don't need to be in a relationship.  it'll be nice but i'm fine without one.

   anyways, the reason i told millie and emily to sleep early was because tomorrow we're going to a summer camp. we had to stay at the summer camp until summer ended. it was nice to be home alone not doing anything but my parents said i had to join a summer camp. at first i didn't want too. but then emily and millie said they asked their parents and they said they could go. so i'm fine with going now. i was getting pretty tired so i soon fall asleep.

****

i wake up to emily shaking me, "lilia, wake up! we have to get ready." i pushed her away and mumbled, "noo, go away. i need to sleep." i try to cover my face with a pillow but mille grabs it and throws it across the bed. "get up, emily and i are already dressed." millie responds. i cave in and get up; i do my daily morning routine.

when i'm done, the girls and i were going down to the kitchen. we all said hi to my mom, she responded with, "hey girls," as i was getting ready to serve myself breakfast my mom stopped me, "you girls don't have to eat here, at the summer camp they serve breakfast so you girls can eat there." i just shrugged and said we all said our goodbyes. "good bye sweetie! i'll miss you all." before we're out of the door my mom yells, "see you in two months!" i yell back, "see you then!" i shut the door and we all go to my car.

my dad was driving, i was in the passenger seat and millie and emily were in the back. "how do you guys think the camp will be?" i questioned. i look at the time, eight-ten, we'll be there in time. it's only a twenty minute drive; the camp opens at nine. "i think it'll be fun, maybe we could meet new people." emily said while i was changing the radio. "or maybe we'll have a summer fling!" millie yelled out, emily and i burst out laughing. "yeah right, i highly doubt it" i spoke while keeping my eyes outside the windows. "come on! don't make fun of me, we could meet some guys!" millie still continued while winking. emily spoke up, "well, girls too, in lilia's case." she said with a smirk. we all started laughing and i finally found a good song.

we all sing and dance to the song until we see the camp.

camp borgs.

i wonder if millie is right, could i meet a guy or girl? it's a possibility but i guess i'll have to find out.

   my dad drops us off at the the parking lot and we all get out. "bye dad! i love you!" i give him a hug. "you guys ready?" i asked, they both nodded and started to get our bags, we all brought book bags. since we're staying here for two months or so we had to pack. my dad starts to drive away and we all wave. we begin to walk to the camp's entrance. i go in the middle of millie and emily and hold their hands. i kiss both of their hands and scream out, "let's go!" while skipping.

****

   i let go of both of emily and millie's hands and i walk up to the area where a huge sign says, "check in" to check us in. no one was there so i called out, "hello, anyone here?" and someone's head popped out "why hello, are you checking in?" they ask while walking towards me. i answer a simple, "yep, my name is lilia buckingham and those two over there," i point to millie and emily, "are millie brown and emily skinner." i smile brightly at her. the lady nods and looks down at her notebook. "yup yup, you guys are here. ok so let me show you where you girls are staying." the lady continues to take us into a little cabin. it looks cute. since the camp is in a forest, all there is, is grass.

   we arrive at the cabin, they separated the cabins into boys and girls. there were bunk-beds and about five of them. meaning that ten girls and boys were in each cabin. i think that there's five boy cabins and five girl cabins.

   anyways, the lady told us that we could choose any bed we want. and that other campers are soon coming so to pick fast. i chose a bottom bunk; millie and emily chose the bed next to me. i have no idea who my bunk-mate will be; i hope she's cute.

****

~author's notes:~
i know this chapter was short but i really wanted to publish it already so i did. the chapter was going to be longer but i'm inpatient. anyways, thanks for reading! <3