𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

~lilia buckingham~

   the rest of the day, millie, emily, and i spent it hanging outside. considering there was only the outside, we had no where else to go. millie decided that it would be a great idea to go down to the lake and swim. emily wasn't too sure about the whole thing but agreed. we had all changed in the cabin, the other girls were outside so it was just the three of us.

   "do you think this top would look good em?" millie asked. emily looked at her, squinting her eyes, "do you have another color?" millie disappeared, looking for a top. i had on a green bikini set on. emily had a blue, and of course millie had two different sets she packed. "i think this one will match more," emily and i nodded our heads in agreement. we walked out of the cabin, "we're gonna go get some snacks! meet you at the lake." i shouted.

***

    just as i was going to close the door i heard millie yell, "okay! i'll bring the towels and stuff."

   emily and i got to the cafeteria, here we could get any snacks we wanted. it was a definite plus on this whole summer camp thing.

   as we were getting snacks, emily spoke, "you don't really like jillian, right?" i looked at her and shrugged. "i really don't know, i did meet her today. she seems really nice and i would love to be her friend." she didn't say anything after that, she grabbed a few bag of chips and sodas and we were off. i, of course, got all of the candy, i always do.

***

   just as we planned, we met millie at the lake. the sight was truly beautiful, i was a nice hot day. the sun was out, shining on water and reflecting on the deck.

   luckily were the only ones there, everyone else was doing other activities. millie had her arms wrapped around towels and sunscreen. she placed a towel on the deck, she had brought four to place everything. emily quickly put the snacks and drinks on the floor then sitting on it. millie also sat the hot warm deck, leaning back, close to the edge. "if you fall, it would be hilarious." i say, taking off the shirt i had on covering me. millie gasp, putting her hand on her chest, "now why would you say such a thing." emily laughed, twisting the cap of a water bottle. by that time i had my shorts off and was ready to go into the water.

   when i jumped in my whole body was warm. my hair was previously down so it had stuck to me neck. i was swimming for a while until i heard millie calling me. i swam towards the deck, resting my arms and head to see the two. millie had a bag of chips, emily candy. "you want some lils?" millie asked, i nod my head, opening my mouth. she bopped a chip into my mouth. i thanked her then questioned why she called me over.

   "oh! i forgot, look who's coming!" she whispered yelled, pointing to the group of girls with her bag of chips.

   the group of girls were lauren, rachel, and jillian. oh, i wonder why they're coming. from the looks of it, they had towels and a few snacks. guess we weren't the only ones who thought it was a perfect day to go swimming.

~authors notes~
oh boy, i haven't updated in a while! i apologize for that so please enjoy this chapter i whipped up right now. i may or may not update soon, who really knows. anyway, i hope you liked this chapter!