nine

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!
Please read with caution if you are sensitive to topics of suicide.
i love all you beautiful people<3

"Here she comes, Roundviews newest piece of ass."

I roll my eyes at Chris, dropping my bag and plopping down next to it on the soft grass. Maxie and Anwar are across from us, and Jal sits on the opposite side of Chris. The three boys pass a spliff back and forth as they all great me.

"Getting high before class, I see," I laugh.

"Of course," Maxie laughs, blowing out smoke. "Wanna hit?"

I shake my head. "I'll pass today. Don't want the professors to get a bad first impression of me."

Anwar laughs, taking the spliff from Maxie. "You hang out with us Frey and the professors are only gonna get a bad impression."

We all laugh before Jal's face goes sour.

"Ah, and there he is. Cock of the year."

I know who she's referring to before even looking up. And when I do, I see Tony Stonem walking towards us, his hands in the pockets of his khaki pants with a cheeky smirk on his lips.

"You still hanging out in Poshville towers?" Chris asks Tony, who takes a seat beside Anwar. He makes himself comfortable, laying on his side before taking the spliff from Anwar, who gives an aggravated huff.

"Broadening my horizons," he tells the boys. "Those private school girls are a whole different breed, man."

"You pig," Jal sneers. I silently agree.

"I've told you once, and I'll tell you again," Chris begins. "Those girls do not do fickity fick with town scum like you. It don't matter what you can do with your muscles."

"I say, this world extends way beyond this field of dreams," Tony says. He catches my eye before looking away. "And anyway, ask Abagail. She seems to be pretty into this town scum."

Maxie laughs, though it lacks humor. "You gotta stop doing that man- flirting with other girls, I mean. You're with 'Chelle, remember?"

Tony shrugs, taking the last drag of spliff before it runs out. Chris has a fit.

"Great, fucking great," he complains. "I ain't even get to get fucked yet!"

~~~

After psychology, I get called to the guidance office. I sit in the waiting room, watching the secretary chomp away on a piece of bubble gum, before being called in.

The guidance counselor, a small petite woman named Mrs.Sidwell, welcomes me into her room with open arms. Literally. The woman pulls me into a long embrace.

"Oh, Freya, how delighted we are to have you joining our team of exceptional young students!" She tells me with lots of enthusiasm. I chuckle awkwardly into her shoulder before she finally lets me go.

"Well, I'm glad to be here," I tell her. "It seems nice so far."

"Well, I'm glad you think so," she says, taking a seat behind her desk. She ushers me to take a seat in front of her, and I do. "I was looking at your marks from your previous school, and I'm so proud that your were able to keep such good grades with everything that was going on in your personal life."

I was happy that there was a desk between us, because Mrs. Sidwell looked like she had another hug coming on.

"But anyway, I'm sure you're mother told you that you will be required to see me once every week for a little while," she tells me. "Just so I can check up on you, and make sure everything is going smoothly for you."