Onii-san will protect you this time

It was the final battle, Zeref stood in front of him, taunting him. Calling him E.N.D. Calling him his brother.

He was no demon, and there was no way he wouldnt know his brother. He was an only child. The child of Igneel. But there was a voice inside of him that told him to listen to what Zeref had to say.

„E.N.D not even you can stop me now. I have waited enough, suffered enough, the world doesnt want me then i will destroy it single handedly." Zeref words altough hateful sounded rather sad in Natsu ears. Why couldnt he remember?

„You have the wrong person" Natsu yelled as he threw another flame at Zeref who smiled at him.

„Have you truly forgotten? After years of trying to bring you back, does it really matter if my own brother doesn't remember?" he chuckled, but his chuckle turned into a sinister laugh as he yelled „then i shall kill you as well E.N.D!"

As soon as the words were spoken Natsu felt incredible pain all over his body. He was unable to move and collapsed the last things he heard were the rambling of his supposed brother who kept on going about killing him.

Igneel stood before him „Natsu, you have fought well""

„Am i dying?" Natsu asked his father„is it true dad? What he is telling me?"

„Zeref? I'm afraid so" Igneel said as he pulled his son close. „ i had locked your memories inside you, you were in pain every single night from remembering your own deaths, from missing your brother, from not supposed to be alive" Igneel showed him a black seed which reeked of death, of rotten flesh. „Do you wish to remember?"

„Before i die, i wish to see" Natsu said after being a bit hesitant.

„You wont die just yet, Natsu" Igneel whispered, „your body and your soul are currently fighting, E.N.D the demon inside you wants to take over, yet your sould which still remembers Zeref doesnt wish him harm. It is up to you to decide which path you wish to take."

„I'll destroy Zeref no matter what" Natsu said determined, he had caused to much pain to his family.

„Decide after you remember, Natsu, now this will sting just a bit"

The pain was unbearable. A small sting didn't compare, his whole body was on fire, a fire which should no langer be able to hurt him.

Zeref POV

Natsu's scream broke through the sound of my laughter, Mavis was sitting next to him her hand on his chest, I could feel the change in my eyes as I began to see red. No matter the love i had for Mavis, love i was not allowed to feel, the love i had burried deep inside of me for Natsu was 100 times stronger, seeing him in pain, seeing him dying all over again, brought the monster in me out. „How dare you hurt him?" my voice altough barely a whisper snapped Mavis head to me, her eyes looking at me in fear. Before she could even mutter a word i was behind her and squeezed her neck, taking her breath and the fairy magic away. „No one besides me, gets to ever lay a hand on him" she didnt get a chance to defend herself nor to speak a single word.

The life drained out of her, i tossed her away, i only saw how she vanished into a beautiful white light, my soul yelled at me, this was the woman i loved, yet the screaming of Natsu continued, it was louder than my tainted soul, louder than my consciousness which told me to stay away from him due to my curse. „Nii-san is here Natsu. Onii-san will protect you this time."

I can't allow myself to love you, Natsu. I will kill you, but you need me, you are in pain. I fell to my knees in front of Natsu. „Natsu, Natsu! NATSU!!!"

Silence

He stopped screaming, his body cold. The tears didnt stop, and i felt the curse coming, i could hear the bodys drop. Now who would kill me?