This wasn't his brother anymore.

„Nii-chan" Natsu whispered, as he opened his eyes to the sight of his brother, yet his hair was a bright white, as well as the clothing, he wore no longer the familiar robe.

„Natsu, oh Natsu. You survived, you survived my curse" Zeref pulled him up into a hug. Zeref focused his killing curse and the fairy heart magic into his hand.

„I just remembered everything, i cant lose you. Please Nii-chan, dont leave me again" Natsu returned the hug, now that he remembered he knew his love to his brother was just as strong as his love to his guild.

„Goodbye, Natsu" Zeref said as he swung his hand into Natsu back, who coughed blood onto Zeref's neck.

„Onii-chan" Natsu coughed, as Zeref stood up letting Natsu fall to the ground.

„Stop it Natsu!" Zeref stepped back, throwing his head back he left out a screaming laugh „No, E.N.D" His eyes once again changed into bloody red, turning him into a true Monster.

He should be dead, yet he felt his wound closing and his energy returning. He saw Zeref retreating, for a split second he thought his brother had regretted it and revived him once more, yet sawing him he knew it must have been his friends.

„Say my name right! Aniki!" Natsu stood on shaking legs, glaring at his brother.

„Your wounds are healed?" Zeref stared at his exposed stomach in which a minute before a hole had been punched through. „It doesnt matter, i will just have to kill you again"

„Not if i kill you first!" Natsu yelled, standing in fighting position, „Fire Dragon Roar"

„You cant kill me" Zeref laughed hysterically, easily dodging the fire „You are too weak, I told you to become stronger E.N.D" with the wave of his hand, Natsu went flying into the wall behind him.

„That's not my name!" His whole body went into flames as he glared at his brother.

„Don't worry, i'll make you human again, and then we can play like we used to. We can go fishing again, Natsu" Natsu stopped for a split second, the memory still fresh in his brain as though no time had passed by, how he and Zeref used to go fishing almost every day, by the pond near their home.

Yet a split second of him hesitating was enough for Zeref to appear in front of him with a sinister smile, „Are you ready? E.N.D. I want my adorable little brother back" Zeref chuckled „i will return back in time, with my memories in tact, together we will defeat Acnologia and safe the world"

Natsu wished to slap his brother to his senses, yet he knew deep down that this wasn't his brother anymore.

„I won't let you destroy this world, Aniki! We have all fought hard to live in it, i wont let you destroy it! There are other" Natsu was cut of by a hand on his throat squeezing and lifting him of the ground.

„There are no other ways! Do you think i haven't tried it all? Nii-san will kill you now, and return back in time, so that we can be happy again!" he smiled, looking almost as deranged as Juvia when someone talks bad about Gray.

„I" Natsu panted for air „won't" his whole body caught on fire „let" he channeled all his hopes, his love for his family and his guild, to protect his friends he held near, into his flames „you!" he punched Zeref in his face who stumbled back, his grip on Natsu's throat slipped and Natsu fell to the ground.

„May the Power of the guild burn into flames!" Natsu said standing back up, his whole body burned

„May my anger and curse destroy you" Zeref retorted

„DRAGON FLAME KING ROARING PUNCH" Natsu yelled as he hit him with all his might

„EXPLODING FLAME BLADE OF DARKNESS" This wasnt his brother anymore, this was a man who wished to destroy everything he loved, his Zeref would have never done so.

Zeref fell to the ground, „It's only a matter of time before I'm healed, you cant stop me, E.N.D" Natsu could hear his heart beating slowly almost fading away.

Once again he channeled the love for his family and his guild into his magic, „lend me your strength, Fairy Tail" he whispered as he hit his brothers heart.

Natsu was unable to look at his brother as the tears blurred his vision, but he could swear that he saw a smile on his brother's face. „Goodbye for now, Nii-chan" Zeref was already fading into a bright white light. „I promise to bring you back, to make you happy"

„Thank you, Natsu. I can finally feel the warmth, i knew you could do it." he heard Zeref's voice, which vanished together with the light.

As he walked out of the guild, defeatedly, he would have never imagined to see all of his guild members laying dead on the ground. He fell to his knees, screaming and crying his heart out. „Everyone!! Come back!"