A trip to Memory Lane

Due to his grief and his anger he didnt even hear the heartbeat coming from Natsu, who was experiencing all his emotions, and memories at once.

Natsu was sitting at a dinner table with his parents and Zeref, he remembered him now, he remembered the love he felt for his big brother and his parents. His mother was smiling as she saw that Natsu gave Zeref all his vegetable and Zeref sharing his meat with him.

„Natsu, how are you supposed to grow big and strong if you give all the healthy things your body needs to Zeref?" his mother scolded him with a warm smile.

„I didn't, i finished it while you werent looking"

„It's not good to tell lies" his father laughed „except if you really need to"

„I really need to Papa" Natsu grinned

„I rather eat vegetables anyway" Zeref winked at Natsu.

There was a white light and Natsu was sucked in and experienced another memory,

„Onii-chan, where are you going?, take me with you" Natsu was running after Zeref who stopped for him.

„I'm going to catch a big fish for you, Natsu. Didn't you say yesterday you would like to eat fish?"

„Wait for me, i want to come with you Nii-chan" Zeref held out his hand for Natsu, together they walked to the pond, laughing and joking all the way.

At the pond Natsu watched as Zeref fished, singing along the way „Nii-chan, if you keep on singing no fish will bite, it sounds awful" he snickered

Zeref sang even louder, much to Natsu's amusement.

They spend almost the whole day at the pond, and retreated with a small fish and a smiling Natsu. Zeref on the other hand was sulking. „I'll try again tomorrow" he said.

„What? You dont have to, even if it's small and not the biggest, i'm sure the taste will be the best one i ever had"

„I still will try tomorrow again" Zeref said, yet this time there was a smile on his face.

This time it was a big dark light that sucked Natsu in,

Natsu was sitting with his parents, he was sulking and whining that Zeref had left him alone.

„But why cant I go with Nii-chan?" Natsu asked in a small whisper, „He promised we would go fishing everyday until we have the biggest fish"

„Zeref needs some time alone as well, Natsu. He is just buying a book, the city is too far away for you to travel by foot, he will return tonight" his father explained for the third time

„But i want to go to the City as well" Natsu cried throwing his small fist in the air.

„Natsu!" his mother warned, yet Natsu cried even louder. „I can't." his mother got up, „you deal with him. Only Zeref can stop him when he gets his tantrums" she waved to her husband who sighed in his hands, until he heard the door to their shared bedroom slammed shut.

„Natsu, for how long more do you wish to cry? Doesnt your throat hurt?" his father said calmly as he took Natsu's hands in his.

„But" Natsu started only to be interrupted by his father.

„No more but, how about this time you do something for your brother? So when Zeref comes home you can give it to him"

Natsu stopped his crying, and looked at his father with wide eyes. „I want to make something that nii-chan can take everywhere so i'm always with him" Natsu sniffled.