Blazing Moon (Christmas Gift)

A/N - Before we can start, I'm soooooo sorry to any and all figure skaters and ballet dancers! I'm not well-informed about either, but I hope you can still enjoy it despite the flaws ^_^;

This little story is for my friend -dark45-  Have Early Merry Christmas <3 He said, "Years, Years" reminds him a lot of this Figure Skating Au, so I included this song here :-) 

She was there. Floating above the ice. The veils of her dress wavered behind her like wings ready to soar higher. And then she flew toward the sun. Her purple fur radiated with fire, but her landing sent her down on her knees.

"Blaze!" a man shouted at her from the bench. "You okay?"

The feline shook her head before nodding. "I'm. No worries!"

"That's enough for today!" he ordered. "I'll see you the day after tomorrow!" her coach gave her stern look but full of concern.

Blaze made a sheepish smile but knew it was best not to provoke her coach. She'd been working hard the past month on her axel. Blaze kept falling at the end, that she started to mess the take off too.

Her coach urged her to relax more, and train her other jumps like the loop she was so good at. She always put a brave smile to mask her tears. How was she supposed to make herself a name among figure skating elite if she couldn't do an axel?

"Keep it together," she whispered to herself, leaving the ice rink. Only the staff and a few latecomers were here beside her. In the locker room, she took off her training dress. "I'll take a shower at home." Glancing the clock on the wall, she bristled as it was past eleven o'clock.

"Oh, crab!" She quickly changed and slammed her locker, dashing outside of the ice stadium to see the backlights of the last bus. She ran after it for a few minutes before realizing it was pointless.

Chilly wind touched her red cheeks and streaks of sweat-drenched her. "Good job, girl! Perfect!" she scolded herself. "Now you can enjoy your hour-long walk home"—she looked around the silent street—"in fantastic, spooky quietness."

Despite being a cat, she wasn't scaredy-cat. She gulped, pushed the hoodie over her head, punched her hands in pockets, and strode forward. She knew her way home like the back of her hand. She often ran back and forth to the stadium as the place stood on a hill, giving her legs a proper workout.

Street lamps lit her way, keeping many corners too dark. An occasional car passed or blinded her. She lifted her head, but the sky covered thick clouds, that not even a spark of moonlight touched the ground. She yawned, feeling like she could fall asleep walking when a loud noise alerted her.

"What?" She stopped bent in her knees, ready to kick. Her ears moved, picking every sound, but none came. "Must have been my imagination." She relaxed her pose when another bang echoed from a nearby alley.