Chapter 2-Carol Danvers

"Hey, Natasha, apart from Tony being an asshole in the group chat, you don't regret what happened yesterday, do you?" Steve asked Natasha Even though he never referred to anything specifically, Natasha knew exactly what he was talking about.

   "No." Natasha replied, a smile on her face. "I don't regret it."

   The pair walked into the school smiling at each other. However, their focuses turned to something else immediately once they entered the school.

   Their entire group was crowding around something. Steve and Natasha looked at each other quizzically. They walked towards the group, trying to figure out what was going on. Right then, Bruce noticed them. "Hey guys, this is the new girl, Carol Danvers."

   Steve and Natasha looked over Bruce's shoulder to see a pretty blonde girl with shoulder length hair. She was about Tony's height, but a bit shorter. Tony, ever the extrovert, was introducing Carol to the group. Apparently, Tony had arrived early in school that day and had already conversed with Carol.

   After the group had gotten to know Carol a bit, the bell for the first period rang and everyone dispered, hurriedly making their way to their first class.

   "Hey Val," Thor asked Valkyrie as they made their way to their first period, Literature. "What do you think of Carol?"

   "Uhh, she seems nice," Val said, covering up her feelings with a generic statement. Truth to be told, when Val first saw Carol, she was absolutely smitten. Carol was easily one of the prettiest girls Val had ever seen.

   "Hm, really, just nice," Thor responded, not entirely convinced that that was all Val got from the first impression.

   "Yes, really," Val said, faking annoyance and walking a little faster than Thor so he couldn't see the blush creeping up her face as she thought more about Carol.

------

   Carol hurried to her first class, Biology. She was really nervous for her first day at her new school, and didn't need to be berated in front of the class for being late. Carol noticed a kid also hurrying in the same direction as her. She recognised him as Peter Parker, from the group that had warmly welcomed her to the school before. Carol tapped Peter on the shoulder.

   "Hey Peter. You heading for Bio class too?" She asked.

   Peter smiled at her "Yeah, I am."

   Together, they rushed to Biology class and got there around the same time as most people. "Can I sit with you? I don't really know anyone here," Carol confessed shyly. Peter beamed at her warmly. "Yeah sure thing Carol. Can we sit with my other friend though? I'll introduce you to her," he replied. Carol nodded her head, and so she ended up sitting with Peter near the back, along with his friend MJ, who Peter was clearly crushing on.

   The first part of the day went by rather uneventfully. Carol found it easy to get into the lessons and no one looked at her as the 'new girl'. Rather, they treated her normally, as someone who was already intergrated into the community. Around lunch break, Sam, who was in Carol's class prior to lunch break, invited her to sit with the group. Or rather, the-

   "-Avengers," Tony said proudly. "We're the Avengers."

   "Why Avengers?" Carol asked, confused.

   "Exactly," everyone except Tony said. "Oh come on, guys!" Tony exclaimed exasperatedly. Apparently one day Tony just decided to call the group the Avengers. No one knew why. Tony refused to tell them. Truth was, Tony's mother served in the USAF, and her nickname was 'Avenger'. Tony thought it sounded cool, so he proclaimed the group "Avengers".

   "Well, nevermind if it doesn't make sense. It sounds cool," Carol mused.

   "THANK YOU! See, finally sOmeone appreciates my naming skills," Tony exclaimed. Listening to Tony's response. Carol chuckled in amusement.

   Throughout lunch and conversation, Carol learnt of the group's antics, and slowly began to feel like one of them. At the end of lunch, Tony asked, "Carol, can I have your number? I'm going to make you an Avenger." He smiled.

   "Thanks for the honour," Carol replied, writing her number down on a piece of paper for Tony.

   "You better be careful in the chat. Tony's an ass," Val remarked as Tony added her to the chat. Tony grumbled a "hEy" just a little too loudly, but Valkyrie didn't hear it. She was too focused of the sound of Carol laughing.

Oh shit, Valkyrie thought. I have a crush.