Family Gathering, Looming Gale

The Continent of Olazha.

Region of Sevouète, northwest of the Yiras Mountain Range.

The Kingdom of Frandei.

The family mansion of the Gauthier ducal family.

1600, Fourteenth Day of the First Month, Year 667 of the Holy Era of the Great Spirit Calendar.

"Quentin-sama."

A well-dressed uniformed woman, experienced in age and experience, opened the mahogany in one of the largest rooms of the building. The northern wall consisted of floor-to-ceiling double mahogany doors, with rectangular glass panes set throughout so one could see outside. The afternoon sun cast shadows as it flowed inside from the openings left by the glass panes, giving light to the six-year-old boy carefully poring over books as part of his studies.

"Quentin-sama," the head maid, Blandine, repeated, this time more forcefully.

"What is it, Blandine?" the boy replied, not looking away from his paper and not stopping his writing hand. "I am busy, can't you tell?"

"Yes, I'm sorry, Quentin-sama," the old maid apologized, bowing even when her master couldn't see it. "However, your mother is calling for you."

"Mother is?" The young boy named Quentin dropped his pen and turned around. (He calls his mother using the term 母上, hahaue, which in modern Japanese, is an archaic way of calling one's mother, most commonly used by the samurai of old. In this context, he is addressing his mother with the utmost respect.)

Chantal Larisa Flavienne la Danseuse de la Gauthier.

The wife of Duke Gratian Natan la Abel de la Gauthier and the mother of four children, the twenty-five-year-old Chantal is a woman of extreme beauty, a flower only Frandei's Her Majesty the Queen surpasses. With intelligent green eyes and platinum blonde hair, Chantal had the charm of both a young lady as well as an experienced woman. While her husband was away, Chantal did all of her husband's work, earning respect in a country where most work is done by the men.

Chantal's eldest son is Tristan Armel Cyril Gauthier. Even at the tender age of ten, he attends the Riverain Royal Academy. Having the same intelligent green eyes as his mother and baby blue-hued hair, Tristan as a third-year student has kept his position as one of the top students in each grade he has been in so far, making his grades are far above average and his innate talent obvious. In this way, he followed after his mother, outshining most other ducal children of the same age as him.

The second son of the Gauthier house, Yvon Edmé Lambert Gauthier, was two years younger than Tristan. He wasn't as talented as his big brother but he also wasn't incompetent. He was somewhere in between the talented and untalented, although he leaned more toward the talented side. Unlike his brother, who was an academic whiz and a musclebrain, Yvon specialized in the magic arts. He had shown incredible talent in low- to mid-tier magics in the six basic elements of Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light, and Dark.

Then there is the third and youngest son, Quentin Stéphane Aldric Gauthier.

Despite only being six years of age, heading into his seventh year, he has already displayed skills on par with, or even surpassing his older brothers. He was currently earnestly studying the material that would be on the entrance exams of the (capital city) Royal Academy when Blandine interrupted him.

"What would Mother need me for...?" Quentin couldn't figure it out as he walked the way from his room to the main dining hall, which Blandine had pointed to informing him that Chantal was waiting for him there. Upon arriving at the massive double doors of the dining hall, he announced himself present upon arriving, "Mother, I am here." The first thing he saw was his mother, seated at the right of the head of the table then he saw the face of an adult that shouldn't be there. "Father...!" (Same as above with 'Mother', use of 父上.)