Chapter 7

"Todays, grand annual has come! We waited to see justice before our very eyes and yet, this day has come again." The announcer spoke. The people nodded in agreement. "Let's thank our beloved king who made this great event," he said and indicated his arm to the king. The king just nodded in return, applauses began once he nodded.

"And let's not forget our visitor from the other kingdom of the north- who would love to see our very outstanding tradition!" He said and gestured to you.

Why would I love to see this shit? You thought. You almost protested but a firm grip stopped you. You looked beside you and it was the king, you glared at him and didn't made the protests. You just smiled at the crowd and they began clapping.

Hang day started and your heart beated so fast. The next thing you saw was the executioner who hid himself with the black leather-baggy mask. Following, with a tied wrists behind was the criminal- infact they're three of them. You seemed to have lost the oxygen and forgot how to breathe. It's almost time.

"What the fuck," you mummbled. "I-don't wann see this" you stood up but brought back down when the king held your wrist so tightly.

"Stay where you are and watch closely. I promise you, you don't wanna be hanged next." He whispered to your ear as he said it with gritted teeth. You sucked your breath and close your eyes. You don't wanna see death again, you have enough trauma to hide yourself from the world.

"Open your eyes, princess." He demanded. You didn't oblige, what happened next is he forcefully opened your eyes, it stings as his fingers made contact with your delicate eyes. "Open them or I'll blind you." He sworn. You don't wanna be blind, and you don't know what's this man is capable of. 

Your breathing became heavier, you started sweating as the crowd waits for the king's signal to let the plank fall. Before he made the signal, he took a closer look at you and smirk- you didn't look back, as if your eyes are fixed and glued onto the scenary.

With one flick of his hand and a twist of his wrist, the plank below the criminals' feet swung open- the three men struggled for about fifteen seconds then the bodies didn't move ever again. Your eyes watered in horror and nausea striked again. And the crowd goes wild, when they saw the men died infront of them.

I'm telling you they're mental.

The applauses became very loud- as the noise came inside your head, you feel even more sick and light headed. You wanna get out of here. The chuckled of the devil came opaquely to your ear.

You stood up as the feeling deteriorated, you feel terrible and wanted to puke. The world stopped and turn making you even more sick. You were almost at the stair case but your stomach churned and set you off the terrace's wall and you straight up puked. You were puking at the side of the terrace- lucky enough to not be caught. Every vision of death made you sick, it just reminded you so much of your parents because of your very eyes you saw them dead.

The puke started to taste bitter as you continued. One guard came up to you and rubbed your back to soothe the dizzines- you really appreciate it. You feel hot tears burning in the side of your cheeks as you wiped away the remnants of the vomit.

You looked at the crowd beside you who couldn't stop cheering of the deads. Everything is still spinning and made you even more dizzy, you held the wall for support. 

"I wanna go home," you cried, as your back slid slowly at the wall. You burried your face in your arms as you chanted the words. You were crying nonstop and every sound of the cheers and laughs of the crowd is deteriorating the feeling.

Somehow, you felt a presence infront of you- you didn't mind it, you're too weak to look up. Your head was spinning like top and being this weak didn't even help.