Chapter 12

I didn't
Proofread
This

+

He kissed me.

I opened my eyes wide opened and pushed him vigorously away from me. It was a sudden move of shock, I can't do anything but push him away. My breathing became heavy as I look at his tall figure. He looked away for a brief moment at me then shook his head in disappointment.

Without a word, he left me. Timing, the snow stormed in- I saw his figure fading away. I touched my lips and still feel his lips lingered on mine. It made my stomach churn of excitement but I didn't feel enthusiastic as I should be. It was a feeling that I hated yet I want to do it, the feeling of confusion.

I grab the bowl and went back inside to get warm- all the time I was thinking of his lips that fitted to mine, now I think I might be craving for more. I sigh in annoyance, "you hate him, Y/n. You really do." I whispered to myself and walk towards the kitchen to return the bowl.

I went to the back of the kitchen to see countless servants work simultaneously. I found my way to the sink and put the bowl there. Some servants looked at me in shock but shook the feeling away as if it was a sin to do so. I look around to look for Jonah if he ever works as a kitchen boy. Though, not one of his hair was in here so I walk out and head to the library instead.

As I walk through the same corridor- I finally found him. He seated so comfortably on the floor with his eyes drowning on the words and his face is fascinated by the story. I sat beside him and leaned against the shelf and look up to the ceiling that goes forever. I sighed heavily. "Hey, you're majesty. I didn't notice you were there, I'm sorry." He leaned to his side to take a better look at me. I craned my neck slightly to see him, with his glasses shone on the light.

"It's okay, Jonah." I dismissively said, adding a little wave to see that it doesn't matter because there's a bigger matter in my palms. He seemed to notice my tediousness because his eyebrows arched. "Is everything okay you're majesty? You seem, down." He stated. Closing his books and put it down beside him.

"I don't know, Jonah. I don't think I am 'okay'" I quoted 'okay'. He didn't say anything since he doesn't know what just happened. "It sucks so much, Jonah. I hate this day and forever will be," I light kick my foot to the air as I complain. He craned his neck to the side as a sign of curiosity.

"Why?" He asked. I looked at him and then look at my shoes.

"The king kissed me."

He sucked his breath, his eyes widened and his cheeks flushed red. "W-what?"
I rolled my eyes. "He kissed me, Jonah! I don't want to- plus it's my fucking first kiss and he stole it! Not only he's corrupt but he's also a thief!" I complained, kicking my foot hysterically to the wind. I balled my hands into fists of anger and wanted to cry so badly.

"Maybe it wasn't that bad, You're majesty," he shrugged unsurely. I stopped my kicking and wailing and looked at him intensely, teeth greeted. "It wasn't bad? I just got kissed to the vilest person on earth and you think it wasn't that bad? It was motherfucking horrible!" I groaned into anger. He licked his lips and look at ahead of us, unsurely of what to say. I was continuing to wail for my first kiss.

"I hate this day! I wish I wasn't playing in the snow, I completely regretted it."

We both came to an abrupt silence, the only thing I can hear is my heavy breathing. I still can't believe he kissed me and I was actually liking it secretly.

"Do you wanna read a book?" He asked all of a sudden, taking the book from his side and gave it to me. I look at the book than him and genuinely accepted it.