How They Met

Shinsou Hitoshi has always wondered why people were so cruel. The moment he got his quirk, he was immediately seen as a villain, at the age of four. His parents left him and he lost the few friends that he had. Now, he was in an orphanage called Sunnyside. Honestly, Shinsou thought that was a stupid name for an orphanage filled with stuck up kids and uncaring adults. He was isolated, alone and the other kids would look at him with disgust the moment they find out what his quirk was.

"What's your quirk?" They would ask.

"Brainwashing." Is all he would say because he knows what would happen next.

The kids faces will fall into utter horror and disgust and they'd backed away from. "M-monster! Freak! Villain! Why are you here!?" Is what they'd say and would leave him alone or bully him.

Shinsou will ignore them as always and stare blankly at the wall in front of him. He's fine being alone. 

At least, that's what he keeps telling himself.

********

The moment his life changes again, is the day the new kid comes in. With a mess of curly green hair and big, yet sad emerald eyes, freckles on his nose and cheeks and a pretty black and purple wolf pendant hooked up to a gold and silver chain around his neck, the boy seemed nice. Seemed. But he might not be. Nice.

The caretakers, who he didn't bother to remember the names of, introduced the boy as Midoriya Izuku and quirkless. Midoriya flinched at being called quirkless and Shinsou frowned. Did the caretakers have to be so mean about it though?

"Don't go near him." They told the other kids.

"He's not worth your time. He's useless." They said.

And Shinsou wanted to scream. Why were people so cruel!? They were saying that right in front of him as if he didn't have any feelings, treating him as if he was some disgusting animal or trash. It was wrong. Were all adults like this!? If they were, then Shinsou will never trust authority figures again. They're terrible beings in his opinion. He went up to Midoriya and held out his hand. Sad, dull green eyes looked into his purple ones.

"Hi, my name is Shinsou Hitoshi. I'm five years old my quirk is Brainwashing."

Midoriya shook his hand, not at all bothered by what Shinsou's quirk was. "I'm Midoriya Izuku. Nice to meet you. I'm four years old, seemingly quirkless, and I hate Endeavor."

Shinsou narrowed his eyes. "Seemingly quirkless?"

Izuku shrugged. "I'm sure I have a quirk. My mom said so before she...she died. I'm just a late bloomer, I'm sure of it."

"Okay. So why do you hate Endeavor? He's the number two hero."

"He killed my mom." Came Izuku's blunt yet sad reply.

"Oh..that's...not right. Why is he even a hero? I hate him too then, not that I liked him in the first place."

Izuku nodded before looking down at his hands. It's been two weeks since his mother's death and the higher ups finally put him in an orphanage, none of his supposed relatives wanted him.

"Hey Midoriya?" Izuku stared at the purple haired boy. He looked nervous.

"Yeah?"

"D-do you think I'm a villain?"

Izuku blinked in confusion. "Why would I think you're a villain?"

"Because of my quirk. Everyone else thinks I'm one because of it." Shinsou looked down. 

"Your quirk is Brainwashing right?"

Shinsou nodded his head. He didn't look at the newest addition if the orphanage. He'll hate me too and I'll be all alone again. I-I don't want to be alone again.

"Why would I hate you for something you can't control? A quirk doesn't make a villain Shinsou, nor does a quirk make you a hero. It depends on how one would use their quirk. And people can't see that, then they are the definition of stupid." Izuku replied with a smile. "And besides, I think your quirk is great for being a hero especially underground. Just think of all the amazing things you can do with that quirk. You could stop a villain fight or a hostage situation easily!"

Shinsou stared at the smiling freckled boy in awe. He believed in him? He doesn't think he's a villain. He could be a hero. And for the first time since he got his quirk a year ago, Shinsou smiled. "Thank you, Midoriya. Thank you so much."

Izuku's smile widened. "Of course and call me Izuku from now on."

"Then you can call me Hitoshi."

*******

And for the next six years, it was just Izuku and Hitoshi.