Setting Things in Motion

"Ready, Tony?" Pepper asked, fixing his tie. They stood just outside of the board room, anxiously watching the time tick by for the meeting to start.

The genius had begun going to some of the meetings over the passed few months, but he hadn't been perfect. He was trying to figure out what he needed to do, but now that Pepper was helping him, he knew what he needed to do.

The first part of the plan was to get the board on Tony's side, which meant going to every meeting, from board to just a faculty meeting. He needed everyone on his side to even start on getting Obadiah Stane revealed and kicked out.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Pepper smoothed out imaginary wrinkles on his suit arms, straightening up his cuff links he had put on just a little crooked. She herself is wearing white and grey suit, looking completely professional and absolutely stunning.

He isn't sure where their relationship is anymore. She's started calling him Tony, something he has wanted since she started working with him, but they spent more casual time together than before.

Heck, they watched The Lion King together last night. Not really in a romantic way, just eating on the couch and making some jokes as Pepper worked on her new tablet.

"Pepper-"

"It's time," his assistant said, pulling an imaginary piece of fuzz off his shoulder. "Let's go."

Tony swallowed back what he wanted to ask, saving it in his mind for later. It was time to face the board and nothing could distract him.

They walked into the room, side by side. The people in the room didn't even try to hide their suprise at him being here and he couldn't blame him.

He sat down at the head of the table, where Obadiah would have Sat if he weren't on the other side of the world on a suprise vacation Tony sent him on.

It was all part of the plan. Get Obadiah out of the way so he wouldn't interfere in Tony getting the favor.

He made sure Pepper sat to his right, getting a few surpised looks from not just the board, but Pepper herself.

Once everyone was seated, he clapped his hands together. "Let's get this meeting started, shall we?"

Tony pretended to ignore the grumbled "why is he even here?" and "where is Mr. Stane? He's much better than Mr. Stark."

Casually, Tony waved his hand across the table. Censors picked up his hand and holograms sprung to life, silencing the other adults in the room.

Then, he took out his cellphone, turning it on and setting it on the table. Pepper handed him the tablet and he placed it beside the phone.

In a clear voice, he began, "I know I have been absent the passed few months, and I am sorry. To make up for it, I'm going to show you all that I have been working on.

"These items will not only help the company, but the people, too. The people who work in this company and the people who buy from us."

He pointed to the phone, "this is a Stark brand cellphone. A StarkPhone, if you will." He moved to the tablet. "StarkTab."

Finally, he gestured to the hologram. "If you will please turn your attention to the holo-screen...."

He showed them all the new inventions he had in his lab and blueprints for many, many more inventions.

"Cars, planes, boats. All kinds of mechanical equipment down to a dishwasher. If we can mass produce them, this company will profit. But here's the big thing....."

He swiped his hands across the screen, making the previous design disappear. Pausing, he took a deep breath through his nose. Pepper nodded at him encouragingly, and that was all he needed. Time for the big reveal.

"All of it will run on natural energy. Arc Reacot energy." An image of the arc reactor came into focus, blueprints and numbers flying by.

An uproar began, but Tony quickly stomped it down by speaking louder. He would be heard. He would be listened to.

"My father may have came to a dead end," the room quieted at the mention of Howard Stark. "But with the technology of now, with the technology we can create, I believe we can break this wall. There are no dead ends, you just need to find another way around."

There was silence for a few seconds, then Mr. Darren raised his hand.

He was an older man, grey bearded and balding, but his eyes never lost that spark from when Tony met him twenty-something years ago. He had always respected Tony, and Tony always respected him.

"Yes, Mr. Darren?"

"Do you really believe you can figure out Arc Reactor technology?"

There was no hesitation in Tony's answer.

"Yes. I believe I can."

The older man smiled, folding his hands on the table. "I am with you all the way, Dr. Stark."