Sam

"I cannot have this conversation with you again sam" I said as we walked down the hallway and outside, "but we need to, this is too serious" I gave him a look and sat down on one of the benches that the doctors office provided just right outside the doors. "This is my baby too y/n" I nodded and looked at him, "yeah and I can't even grown him right" I said and stood up, he held my hand "stop, stop saying that" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Sam I've been dealing for the past few weeks that my baby isn't growing the way it's supposed too" I told him, "I can't grow my baby right" he nodded "I'm killing my baby, our baby sorry, our babies bones are snapping and breaking and he is in so much pain because of me" I said to him and he gave me his sad eyes, "I need to know what you want to do" he said and I took a breath.

"I cannot kill him, I can't do it sam" I said as I started to cry, "I'm seven months pregnant why do I have to make this choice, sorry we why do we" I asked him, "so let do the other option" he said "give birth to him, just to hold him while he dies" I said, "we get to spend those minutes maybe hours with him, this is the option you want, I know you, this is our baby and you should get to hold him" he started.

"You are making him right now, and have been you should be able to hold him even if it's only for a few hours, if you don't you will never forgive yourself y/n" he said and I nodded. I leaned my head on his shoulder and ran my hand on my belly, "you're gonna have to hold him too" I said to him as he nodded "I will, I'll hold him, but so will you okay" he said and kissed my head.

———
"Do we have a name?" The nurse asked, I looked at sam, he wrote down the name on the paper and smiled at me, "Jackson is a wonderful name" she said and I smiled at her "my dads name" I told her as she smiled. That's when the doctor came in with the medicine and the needles, I took a deep breath and held sam's hand.

"Is a parent here for you?" She asked me "my fathers outside" I told her, we were only 17 "and the only reason we need to know is because you're still technically a minor" I nodded.

Once they put the medicine in, it was the shortest labor ever, I never imagined that it could be that short and when I had my baby in my hands I couldn't imagine anything better, sam sitting on the bed next to me. "He's so handsome" I said as a tear fell down my cheek, "do you want to hold him baby?" I asked sam and he nodded, I handed him the small baby as a tear feel down his cheek.

"He is handsome" sam said as he just watched him take his short breaths "he looks like you" I told him as I also was watching him. "You think so" I nodded, my dad smiled at us, "so you two want a picture" he asked me so quite, I looked at sam as he nodded, "our other kids need to know about their older brother" sam said and I smiled and nodded.

My dad smiled and took a few pictures of us, "come get in" I told my dad as he got in the best he could to take a picture. "What did you two name him" he asked us, sam smiled at me "Jackson" sam said and my dad smiled. "Here baby, hold him" sam said, the doctor walked over and checked Jackson out, "nows time to say bye, giving lots of kisses" she said and I nodded as I cried a little bit harder.

I kissed his head, "mommy loves you, I know we only got a few hours but we love you, mommy and daddy, and we'll see you again one day" I told him as sam wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "daddy loves you buddy, okay" he said, leaning down and kissed his head.

"It's okay baby, let go, we know baby, no more pain" I said as I turned my head and cried with my head in the crook in sam's neck, sam held Jackson hand, my dad took another picture. Jackson let go, and he was now gone, the saddest moment of our lives just happened.

———
Seven years later:

"Mommy who's this" Amelia asked me, holding up the picture of Jackson, sam, and I the day he passed away. "That's your older brother baby, his name was Jackson" she smiled "what happened to him mommy" I gave her a frown, "he was sick baby, and he passed away" she got sad, "daddy looks really sad mommy" she said and pointed to sam.

"He was baby, but he's so happy to have you now" she smiled "I am, so so happy to have both of you" sam said walking into the room "daddy" she said and ran to give him a hug, "what are you two looking at" he asked me. I handed him the picture that we had put in her room, "baby brother" she said and he smiled "yeah that's him, Jackson" sam said as he was holding her and smiling at me.

"I'll met him one day right?" She asked and he nodded, "of course but it will be a long time from now okay" I told her as she nodded "okay mommy"