Chapter 17

I woke to someone knocking at the front door. Luna's eyes fluttered and opened too. 

"Who could that be?"

"I have no idea." I told her to stay where she was but she followed behind me anyway. The front door was right beside the kitchen, I took a peek through a slit in the blinds. I turned to Luna thanking our bond that we could speak through our minds.

Lock the wine cabinet back, they won't notice if we don't give them a reason to. I wasn't sure if she understood who was at the door or if I lead her to believe the cops had shown up for some reason, but she did as I said. When the lock clicked I turned the door's knob. Luna stood behind me with her arms crossed as if it was cold.

"What are you guys doing here?"  I held the door open as my dad sat back in his wheel chair, he preferred that over his crutches. My mom stood outside for a minute to breathe, I could tell dad was struggling a bit.

"We told you we'd be back today, figured a trip up here wouldn't be a bad idea. It's still Lupercalia." Mom walked in, she glanced in the direction of the locked room. Dad wheeled around the house, searching for what I assume to be clues, as to what we'd been doing. He could look all he wanted, I had nothing to hide. 

"Speaking of that," he was back beside mom. "Lainie I think we should go out to dinner tonight before heading home.

"Lucas they might already have plans."  mom looked over to him. Luna spoke up.

"Actually we don't." I knew mom had been waiting for me to introduce her since she walked in but I was still wondering why they would want to come back here. I could see my mom was giddy, this would be her new daughter, I thought to myself. Ever since my dad got hurt I haven't been the same around him, imagine being told to kill one of your parents could you do it? 

"Mom, dad." I held Luna by the shoulders "This is Luna."

"What an odd name, it's like your parents knew you were destined to be a leader." dad said, Luna blushed. 

"Maybe, it was my birth name after all, I don't know why my birth-parents chose it."  my mom geasture to the locked room. Willow's.

"She knows." I clarified. 

"Neal can I see the keys? I'll be just a minute." I handed them to her, she tossed them over in her hands walking slowly to the baby room. Dad glanced back, I knew he still wasn't ready to go in there, he had wanted a little girl as much as mom had.

"What have you two done so far?" 

"We went out to eat friday," I said, Luna continued.

"Then we danced, did you know he can dance?" she looked up at me as she talked but looked back at my dad in question. I knew she wanted to get a laugh out of him to know if she was on his good side.

"No, I didn't."  he smiled, good enough.

"It wasn't really dancing." I explained.

"We just watched movies all day yesterday, and then went out for ice cream. Your son doesn't know how to control his charm."  we stood in silence for a couple seconds until my mom walked out of Willow's room.

Me or you? I asked her in my head.

I don't know, you?  I gestured for mom to sit, she did.

"Has anyone told you about the shed that was burnt to the ground yet?" my parents let out a gasp. 'no' "I don't know who, but we're pretty sure they're after Luna."