Chapter 29

A loud howl shot through the air, everyone ducked except for Carter's pack. The Canis Warriors had arrived and they wanted Luna.

"Hold on." Luna said as she raced up the stairs. She was back in minutes with something in her hands. "Okay." Something erupted outside, another fire to a house, maybe? Footsteps marched loudly towards the house.

"Everyone stay inside!" Neal commanded to his pack, he looked over to his parents. "You got it?" They nodded.

"Let's go!" Carter instructed. Everyone filed out in groups, the watchers were first, they would be the look outs while the others started for the hotel. Second group was Carter, Celeste, Luna, Neal, four of Neal's pack and six of Carters. Ari, Penn, and Bern were out the door first, followed by Brady, Storm, Muraco, and Blake, next was Brett, Hale, and Kade. The rest of Carter's pack stayed in case of emergency. Neal and Carter waited while Luna and Celeste wolf's baned the doors, securing them extra tight. Everyone but Luna started in sprint, Carter and Neal looked back.

"We have a fifty percent chance of dying, right?" Luna asked Carter, he shrugged.

"Most likely, with his pack."

"Okay then, I wanna try something. You know, before I die." First she handed Neal a pile of clothes, she kissed him for ten long seconds. He opened his eyes suprized. She slipped something into the folded jeans pockets in Neal's arm. "Don't drop these." she told him. The three of them were confused until Luna started off in an angry run.

Picking up speed she started to breath heavy, she dodged vines and trees and growled. She thought her legs gave out of her but really she jumped, crouching. A pain shot up her legs, through her spine and shoulders and arms. Her scream turned to a howl she noticed, as realized she stood ground level. Her sight had changed, and everything was more clear, she turned back and glanced at Neal. She whimpered.

Don't die, I'll miss you too much. she told him.

I won't, I promise. he gave her a smile. How'd you know how to change?

I didn't, I just wanted to try it, by the way, what am I? he curiousity was bugging her.

A coyote. his head shook as he laughed. "Woohoo!" he yelled, almost a howl.

Luna started to run again, she liked the feeling of running like this she wondered why no one had told her about it. To run on four paws, felt somewhat freeing. She could smell everything from the trees to flowers nearby, and the fast she ran the better she felt about what they were going to do. But would she actually let them kill Colton? He was selfish and evil, but did he really deserve to die?

It wasn't long until Luna's paws dug into the dirt to stop. The hotel was larger than she thought, though she never got a good look before. She sat and waited for a command given by Carter but it never came, he seemed to be waiting for her to change back.

Follow me. she got up and walked behind a thick cluster of bushes. Set the clothes down carefully, he did Okay shoo. Neal left her to change. That pain shot through her legs again as they straightened and grew, her vision changed back and she was normal. Luna quickly threw on her clothes and shoes that Neal had luckily pick up off the ground.

"Okay," she walked out from behind the bush, patting her back pocket to make sure her back up plan was still there, it was. "let's do this."

Everyone got in place. Celeste took watch right outside the back door, Ari and Penn knocked out the gaurds right inside watching the stairwell. Luna ran up the stairs with the others in tow. Brady and Daily continued on the level three, but Luna stopped at level two. She took a deep breath and turned to Neal, who had already taken his spot next to the level two door for watch.

You gotta promise me something now too. he said. He looked down, and his eyes softened.

Anything.

Don't let him go free, he has powers and he will go after more people. Even back to you. she swallowed hard, she didn't knowif she could promise that, she didn't know if they could even catch him, or if her plan would work. She said nothing, instead turned and opened the floor's door. Carter, Kaleb, Storm, Muraco, and Blake, waited twenty seconds before following behind her.