Chapter 1

Hello again! Thank you for loving the story enough to read this sequel. 

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ "THE BEST I EVER HAD" LEAVE, READ IT, AND THEN COME BACK. 

This is gonna be kinda short-ish, and fluffy as fluffy can get. I hope when you read this, it makes you feel the things I felt when writing it. Always let me know what you think about everything because I require constant reassurance. And happy reading!

____________

THEN - Perrie

"Stop doing that," Jade mutters.

I do not stop doing that—that being splashing my galoshes into the little puddles that form as the February flurries of snowflakes hit the ground and melt. "Aww, don't be a killjoy. I'm singing in the rain!"

"It's not raining and you're not singing," she replies.

I stick my tongue out at her, but since we're both crammed under the umbrella, I accidentally wind up licking her cheek. "Why are you so grumpy?"

"I'm not grumpy," she says, grumpily. "I just want to get to the coffee shop. I'm freezing."

"You should have worn galoshes," I tell her.

"I don't like galoshes."

"Well, you're the one complaining about your wet pants."

"I'll give you wet pants," she retorts and then grins, the bad mood suddenly cleared. Nothing makes Jade happier than inadvertent innuendo.

When we get to the coffee shop, Chris and Leigh are already there, discussing the movie he and Andre saw the night before.

"So, you're telling me Death Squelch Part Six had more to offer than the first five?" Leigh asks, disbelieving.

Chris nods his head. "Yup, these movies are like wine."

"They get better with age?" I guess as I sit on the arm of Jade's chair.

"Nope. Some are good and some are terrible, but either way, who cares? You're definitely going to get drunk," he replies.

"Hey, I heard they might make another Die Hard," Jade tells Chris whose eyes widen in excitement.

"No fucking way, man! Really? That's awesome," he says as Jade nods.

"How many times can you die hard anyway?" Leigh jokes. "Dude just needs to go jack off, clearly."

I laugh, but the smile wipes right off Chris's face. "Do not insult John McClane," he growls.

"I'm just joki—"

"Do not. Insult. John McClane."

Leigh and I—and possibly everyone that has ever seen Die Hard—roll our eyes.

Chris's phone beeps and he picks it up. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he says, "Oh, so Jade, I um, really need some coffee." His words are way too deliberate and stilted and it sounds strange. It's even stranger because he has a full cup of coffee in front of him.

"Hey, Chris?" He turns to me. "That thing right in front of you, with the brown liquid? That's coffee."

"Um, yeah but it's cold and I—" Chris's fumbling is interrupted by the beeping of Jade's phone. She quickly reads it and her eyes widen.

"Cold coffee is terrible," Jade blurts, in a tone just as weird as Chris's was. Her eyes keep darting to me and then back to Chris.

"Terrible," Chris agrees, far too seriously.