Chapter Five: More Than One?

Damon Pov

Stefan told me about the werewolf attack that happened tonight. I quickly vamp speed to Caroline's place. I have to make sure they're ok, that she is ok. Yes, I am worried about Caroline. Ever since the first time I heard the heartbeats, I couldn't imagine what I'll do if anything happens to Caroline.
I knock on the door and Caroline opened it.

"Damon? What are you-?" She began to ask.

I quickly pulled her into a hug before she could finish asking what I was doing at her place.

"Uh Damon what are you-" She begin.
"Shhh" I shushed her. "Stefan told me about the werewolf attack. I'm just glad you're all ok." I said without thinking.

She pulled away.

"What are you talking about? Who's you all?" She asked.

Shit. I forgot she doesn't know yet.

"Uh you and Stefan duh. I'm glad you're all ok." I played it off.
"Damon what is going on?" She asked.

Here goes nothing. She has to know.

"We should probably talk inside." I said.

It took her a second to think if she should let me in then she finally let me in.

"So... talk." She said as we came into the living room.

Ok here I go. There's no going back now.

"Remember when you were turned into a vampire and I almost stake but didn't?" I asked.
"Uh huh." She nodded.
"And Bonnie nearly killed me and somehow, out of nowhere she was thrown and fell and almost got killed but I managed to stop her from dying." I said.
"Yeah I remembered, I was there when it happened." Caroline said.
"Caroline, someone, some people, well, more like young kids, I wouldn't call them young kids, in fact they're  barely a year old..." I trailed off.
"Damon, get to the point." She said.
"Caroline, I didn't think this was even possible until I met you or well slept with you but my point is... when I found out that you are pregnant, I didn't think it was mine. I mean vampires can't even procreate, we're dead. But when I saw you at the hospital, laying there in a pile of blood, I-I don't know. Something in me tells me, somehow it is my kid. To be honest, when the doctor told me when you miscarried, my heart broke. I know it's hard to believe but before I got turned, all I ever wanted was to be a father. And now... listen Caroline, the point is I am going to be a father. Thanks to you." I said.
"What are talking about Damon? I lost the baby." Caroline told me.
"That what's I'm trying to tell you." I went closer.
"D-Damon..." She trailed off.
"Shhh listen." I told her as I put my hand on her stomach.
"Damon what are you-oh my god." She gasped.

I smiled at her

I smiled at her.

"It's still alive?" She asked

"No...they're still alive." He told her.
"You mean there are more than one baby in me?" Caroline asked.

"Hmmm. Three to be exact." I told her.
"Oh my god." She gasped. "Wait, I'm still confused." She said as she pulled my hand away. "I thought I had a miscarriage when Katherine turned me." She said.
"So did I but then I realized that there was only one way that is possible for the babies to be still alive." I said.

Caroline motion for him to continue.

"The Salvatores are from a powerful line of witches, which I don't know the name of, but since I am a descendant of the line, which means so are they and I bet, somehow, they were able to protect themselves from dying along with your body." I said.
"You mean by magic?" Caroline asked.
"Exactly." I replied.
"It all makes sense. The pain, the visions..." Caroline said.
"The visions?" Damon asked.
"Yeah, I had a vision that Bonnie killed you at the carnival before it happened. Last night I thought I had a dream about the werewolf attack and today... it happened." Caroline said. "Oh my god Bonnie..." She trailed. "They tried to kill Bonnie." She said.
"They were trying to stop Bonnie from killing me." Damon said.
"And Stefan, today. They stopped the werewolf from killing Stefan." Caroline said.
"They're trying to protect us." Damon realized.

"And Bonnie is the main threat

"And Bonnie is the main threat." Caroline gasped.

" Caroline gasped

End of Chapter