Bonus Chapter

So This book or I guess technically short story has finished, I'm not sure if I'm proud of it or not but, I know this book couldn't have really turned out any better with my current writing skillset, and I may not necessarily be proud of how it turned out, but I can confidently say I'm happy with the results in some form.

However, as we see that this book has come to a close, I've decided to add on some bonus little fun things. Telling you some reasons behind certain things being how they are, or how I did some of the things in this book. So let's go.

Character Names

So I chose the names for these characters from things that have meaning to me.

Robin, was named after my favorite color, Robin-Egg blue.

Jasper... Don't laugh, but he was named after Jasper Whitlock Cullen, from The Twilight Saga. I know what you're thinking, this isn't 2010. I know, but I grew up with my siblings being pretty obsessed, so it was a part of my very young childhood.

Micheal, was actually named after two things. The actor for him was chosen as Ian Somerhalder, one of my personal favorite actors, and I won't go into it but there is a character from the show he was in named Mikeal, if you've seen it you know what I'm referencing, I won't go into it but it's there. One of my cousins is also named Micheal so that's for him.

Maria, was for Maria Hill from The Avengers movies. No more needed to be said.

Sara, was and is the name I want to use as the middle name for my little girl one day.

Austin, was for the capitol city of Texas, which is my mother's birth state and one of my favorite states and cultures in general.

Heidi, or Jax, was named for Heidi Hansen from Dear Evan Hansen, which you might know that I have a book in the works for, and Jax was one of my friends, although male, when i was still in public school.

Kyle was named after my older brother, Kyle.

This story was named after a documentary that I saw while doing my research for this story, and the opening title card scene, the first line you would see.

Agent Serials and Code Numbers

The serial numbers that the agents had in one of the first chapter, of which Austin calls out to his supervisor over the phone, are all letter to number code. And they are all names of the characters.

18152914 - Robin
191181 - Sara
10124 - Jax
1211920914 - Austin
1011916518 - Jasper
139385112 - Micheal
131195 - Marie
And I needed two more to make a viable squadron so
105141496518 - Jennifer, or she was mentioned as Jen
1011854 - Jared

And the code called for evacuation was also just that, Code Evac. In number to letter code
52213 - Evac

Media

The pictures and songs included were chosen based on emotion and the action included in the chapter, meant to help amplify emotions felt while reading. I do this often as an artistic choice to supply music to intensify the emotion in a chapter. If there's a fight scene with a lot of action, I'll add a song you might listen to at the gym or that might would be in the background of a fight scene in a movie. If there's mass action and fear, I try to do a sadder song to convey what the fear may be driven by. If there's an argument, I choose a song driven by a relationship failing. You see what I'm getting at here?

All of the phots sources were taken during the events of 9/11 and are real, or are real photos of memorials in place, such as the lights in New York to symbolize where the towers once stood or the memorial for those who passed in the tragedy. The only one that wasn't sourced of a 9/11 event was the candlelit vigil.

In conclusion,
This event was a tragedy, it was devastating to us as a country, and it was an act that terrified the entirety of our nation. But in the end, we all pulled together as patriots of our land, and we grew as a people, not individually but for the first time in our history, together. And every year, we commemorate the tragedy. And so, my condolences to anyone who was involved in this event of great sadness, whether by a loved one or by they, themselves.

I did my best to research every part of this book and base it off of real events, but some things just couldn't be sourced. I apologize if you noticed something I got wrong, but it is a historical fiction, in which I'm allowed to take some liberty with. It's not a reenactment of what happened, but rather a story inspired by true events. However, that being said, I did my best to honor reality within my abilities in respect for the victims of the tragedy.

This story was inspired by a documentary on the History channel about Air Force One and the experience aboard Air Force One, which I viewed on the 18th anniversary of 9/11.
I watched this documentary and I was steady writing things down and making a description for this book as well as a commemoration note which is written on my conversation board.

So, this was this short story, I hope you enjoyed it, 😘
Farewell, my lovely pups, and my amazing pack,
Alpha/WolfMorgan