Chapter Ten

Dear Tim,

It’s been one month, four days and approximately 7 hours since you passed away. Since your life was ended by an evil, messed up man, who was smiling whilst doing so.

I’d say I was sorry for running away, for leaving your parents to suffer through this tragedy alone, but I’m not. I’m sorry too you! You were everything that I needed, just you and my mother would have been perfect in this messed up world. A world where strange, dark men appear and rip lives from others.

But that can’t be.

Because of him.

I hope upstairs is keeping you well. That maybe Lucky is with you. Remember her? I told you about my little Labrador, please play fetch with her and stroke her fur. Love her like you loved me.

Did you love me?

I don’t know, but I think I loved you.

I know you are probably looking down on me, on your parents, on the book store. Ha. I’ve spent a lot of time in my new local bookstore, reading your favourite books. The Hobbit is by far the best, kept me occupied for hours.

If you are watching me, you now I’ve moved and gotten a placement on one of the top art degrees in London. It may be on the opposite side of the city as my mother, but I told her about it. She’s visited, said she loved my new apartment, apparently the view is to die for, to be honest the river looks beautiful at night.

It would be better if you were here though.

My Aztec patterned duvet would feel so much cosier with you under it, the living room less bare with all your shelves of books lining the walls…it would feel more homely.

But is it bad I still like it?

How it makes me feel?

Like I’ve found my life, the path I’m meant to be on?

This life is for me, alone, independent, surrounded by paints, canvases and masking tape.

I want to apologise for everything, for your death, for loving you. I should never have.

I’m sorry.

This is goodbye, Tim.

I love you and for that I am truly sorry, and I promise.

Thorn will pay.

See you in the future, where time will forever be on our side.

Love you always.

Rayne x

Sighing, I chucked the pen back onto my cluttered desk, and picked up the small orange piece of plastic.

Then I watched as I set the letter on fire and waited for the fire alarm to sound.

It came as the fire burnt my goodbye.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Guys I am #151 on the Paranormal List! What even?! 

You guys are insane!, Can we make it into the top 100?!

If we can, how about a little competition?

Thank you all for all your suppport :)

Vote/comment/share

Thanks my little cookies,

Ellie :D

Ps - Dedicated to Monstreph because I've just finished reading The Apha's Possession and the wriitng is incredible...you need to check out her work!