Introduction

This story is sort of a prequel to my other story „Unravelling" (which is still a work in progress). „Winter Tales" does not have much to do with the main plot of the other story, so you don't need to read this prequel to be able to follow my other book. This is just supposed to be a bit of fun, and hopefully allows the readers to get to know a different side of the Taylor family. This book is set about three and a half years before "Unravelling". The characters are the same, just younger (obviously).

Here is a quick reminder of the members of the Taylor family. More detailled character descriptions can be found in the main story, which you can find on my profile.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did writing it!

Lily (8) - Lily loves hanging out with her adult brothers when they are not busy with work, and she is very excited about getting her first snowboarding lessons from Sam and Jordan.

Noah (10) - Noah loves snow and everything that comes with it, so he cannot wait to get back on his skis. If he acts up on this trip, it is only because he wants to keep up with his twin, Aidan.

Aidan (10) - Aidan, as always, is quite the force to be reckoned with. He never backs down in a fight, throws regular tantrums and loves to antagonize not only his little sister.

Jack (14) - Jack, being the quiet kid he is, loves to be outdoors and prefers to spend his time on the slopes, far away from his younger siblings who have a tendency to get on his nerves.

Will (15) - Will, the troublemaker, would have done anything to not have to go on this family vaction. However, since he is still a minor, he was forced to join. But he does not intend to make it too easy for his siblings.

Luke (20) - Music is on Luke's mind 24/7, keeping him from going to college or getting a proper job. His main goal on this trip is to spend as much time in the local pub as he can in order to play in front of an audiance.

Sam (22) - Sam has been a skiing and snowboarding instructor for a couple of years now and he is totally in his element in the snow. He takes Lily's lessons very seriously.

Ben (24)- Ben's hot chocolate is legendary and in high demand on this trip. He might even be persuaded to abandon his boring teacher personality and party a bit while in town.

Sean (26) - Sean is stuck in Chicago, due to his gruelling exam schedule at university, where he wants to achieve his PhD in psychology. Luckily, he is only a phone call away.

Jordan (28) - Jordan has managed to return home from a tour in the middle east just in time for their annual family trip. That makes not only him and his little sister very happy, but also the female population in town.

Josh (28) - Josh is on a mission to ensure that Alex relaxes a bit on this trip and has time to enjoy his vacation. But will he succeed?

Alex (30) - Although Alex, guardian and substitute parent to the younger kids, needs a break from everyday life the most out of all of the adult brothers, he believes that he needs to stay on top of his game to keep his siblings in check - and safe.