Chapter 4 - Ladies' Man

A/N – Merry Xmas to everyone  who is or has been celebrating, too! Thanks for reading and voting and for your nice comments! Now, let's see what Jordan and Lily are up to...

++Jordan's POV++

Lily lets out an excited shriek the moment her eyes fall on the colourful snowboards that are on display in the shop window. My heart jumps when I realise that she is genuinely excited about trying out this new winter sport. It is kind of nice that we will have something new in common very soon. Because I am confident that my little sister will master this no problem. And I am going to make sure that she loves it just as much as I do.

We enter and I put a hand on her back to push her towards a counter behind which a young, blonde woman is standing, flashing us a wide smile.

"Well, hello there, welcome to Jimmy's Speed Shack," she greets us. "How can I help you today?"

"Hi. We'd like to rent snowboarding gear for the little rascal here."

I ignore the glare that Lily is giving me for calling her that in front of a stranger. Instead, I focus on the woman's bright blue eyes and sexy lips.

Hell, sue me for being a man.

She is clearly giving me the once over as well and by the way her eyes blaze, she seems to like what she sees. She subconsciously licks those lips and I quickly take a couple of deep breaths to keep myself in check.

I don't want to sound vain, but this is a regular occurrence. And normally I am all for flirting, but when I have my little sister with me, it is usually a bit awkward. It was less so when she was still a tiny tot, since she didn't notice and certainly didn't care back then. But recently, I have noticed that she is rather well tuned in on what is going on between girls and boys. If I can believe my brothers' stories, she has also been pretty vocal about not appreciating it very much if we get „distracted" by random females while she is with us.

"Ah, I see. You've come to the right place. Greg will help you as soon as he's done with the other customers."

The blonde points towards the back of the shop where a shaggy haired young guy is putting skiing gear together for a middle aged couple.

"That's great, thank you..." I study her a bit closer to see if she is wearing a name tag.

"Tanya," she supplies, her voice suddenly a bit husky.

"Thank you, Tanya," I repeat somewhat suggestively.

I hear a little growl come from my sister as she tugs at my hand.

"Let's go check out these sweaters over there, they look awesome," she orders and tries to pull me in the direction of a big table stacked full of clothes.

I give Tanya an innocent shrug and pull a little grimace as if to say, sorry, you heard the boss, and let Lily pull me towards the display.

"Where's the fire?" I cannot help but tease Lily when we are out of earshot.

"She's annoying," is her verdict.

"You don't even know her," I argue lamely.

Really, Jordan, are you honestly going to go there?

The look I receive from the eight-year-old speaks volumes. She is clearly not impressed by the two seconds of flirting that have been going on. I give her a lopsided smirk and she rolls her eyes before turning her attention towards the hoodies and sweaters on display.

I watch her for a moment, as she skilfully goes through the piles, a look of concentration on her face. Suddenly, Lily squeals in excitement and pulls out a dark purple hoodie with silver stars on it.