He owes five dollars

MJ was awaken by her mother, smiling at her. Her mom had finally returned from work late last night, which filled MJ with joy. Her mom would put a brief pause in the war between MJ and her father. But nothing was permanent. 

"Morning sunshine, it's a weekend!" Her mom smiled, lashing her perfect teeth. 

"Yeah, and?" MJ smirked.

"Well you get the whole day to do what you want! Except later I want to go see that new movie.. what was it again?" Her mom stood up straighter and wandered to the opposite side of the room. MJ sat up in her bed with a groggy facial expression. 

"Age of Redemption?" MJ offered.

"Yes! That alien movie, or something. It can be just you and me today, sound good?" Her mom said kindly. Though she was a bit lost in her own words it seemed.

"That would be perfect." MJ smiled back at her mom weakly.

"Any ways, are you up for breakfast? I can make your favorite toad in the hole! Eggs, ham and toast... ay?" Her mom seemed a bit too cheerful for MJ's liking, but the girl was to glad her mom was here to even care.

"Actually... I'm not hungry." MJ lied. She really just didn't want to risk going out of her room, seeing her dad, and him exposing her secret. Or more of, Peter's secret.

"Oh, well that's to bad. Come out when you're ready." Her mom went to leave the room.

"Mom?" MJ pulled her covers off.

"Yes honey?" 

"Get some sleep before the movie, you've been up for over 45 hours." MJ dragged herself out of bed and approached her mom.

"I have to do stuff though.. The apartment's a mess." Her mom made excuses.

"Look, dad or I will clean it. You don't need to worry." MJ offered.

"Ok." Her mom hugged MJ. MJ hugged her back for about 20 seconds before her mom left the room.

It was Saturday, so she had a lot of time on her hands without the interruption of school. So MJ returned to her art project. She pulled the poster board from behind her bed, which was really more like a large piece of paper. She laid it on her art desk, and looked at what she'd already don't. Spiderman and her, a simple sketch. But was it enough? No, it was unfinished.

She pondered the question brutally of whether or not she should finish it, or throw it in the garbage. 

Grabbing her painting utensils, she was ready to work. She started with a base coat on it, filling a basic red color on his suit, and skin tones for their faces. She worked more on his appearance, making herself look more or less like a blob of sorts, with eyes and a mouth. She took lighter tones of each given color, and really started to make the painting become more real, loved.

She was using a small pointed brush to make Spider man seem more... genuine, real, she couldn't really describe it. 

"Thats a nice picture." Said a voice behind her. MJ jumped up from the shock, or surprise, and plummeted to the floor off her own chair. She let out a small yelp in doing so. 

Looking up she saw Peter, equating on the ceiling. MJ pouted her lip, and blew her bangs out of her face. She didn't even bother to get up off the floor, she just lay there in slight after shock. But maybe it was also laziness.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, trying to fight back a smile. 

"Is it wrong that I'm here?" Her gave a playful smirk, still sitting on the ceiling. He wasn't even in his alter ego's costume. He was actually in Pajamas still. Hello kitty Pajamas?