II. It's Billy

Blue's door opens quietly as Burke steps in, lightly waking her up

Blue's door opens quietly as Burke steps in, lightly waking her up. "Come on. Before dad wakes up. School's in an hour." He whispers. The girl groans,  getting up and following her brother out of the room, not bothering to get ready.

They all grab their school supplies and head out the door towards Burke's truck. Blue gets into the backseat, brushing her hair in the rear view mirror as Burke starts the ignition, driving off towards the high school.

"So, I hear you're partners with Freddy Freeman in the science project." Brett says, raising his eyebrows. "The one and only." Blue sighs. "He made me promise not to bully him if I want an A." She states calmly. "Well, are you going to keep that promise?" Burke asks.

"I mean, I guess." She shrugs. "It's alright, sis. You can watch us." Brett chuckles. "Yeah." The girl smiles weakly.

The three of them finally arrive at the school just a few minutes before first period.

•••••

At lunch, Blue sits alone at her table, quietly eating her food. Unfortunately for the girl, she doesn't have the same lunch period as her brothers and would always find herself lonely. Everyone else is too afraid to speak to her.

All of a sudden, the unfamiliar boy from Freddy's house sits next to her, unknowing of her reputation. She glares at him, confused. No one ever dared to sit near her. "There's no other tables.." The boy says quietly, sighing as he takes a bite out of his food.

Blue shrugs, rolling her eyes and sipping her juice quietly. The silence is soon broken off by Freddy slamming his tray onto the table, looking directly at billy, barely noticing Blue.

"Flight or invisibility?" He asks. Blue glares at Freddy, causing the curly headed boy to gulp. "What are you doing here, Freeman?" She asks in annoyance. "I mean, no one else would sit with me so-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Blue walks off, leaving the boy only with Billy by his side. "See you later, loser." She calls out, throwing out her lunch and walking into the bathroom to fix her hair.

Freddy sighs, then continues speaking to Billy, following him out to the bathrooms as well. Blue walks out of the bathroom, finding Freddy standing outside the boys. The two glance over at each other for a moment, before going their separate ways.

•••••

At the sound of the last bell, Blue exits the school, walking straight to the parking spot where Burke and Brett always waited. It wasn't really a parking spot and was actually someone's driveway, but they couldn't care less.