X. You Know The Red Cyclone?

"Did you see the one where he hits the football into space?" Someone asks as they watch Freddy's YouTube, laughing along with their friends

"Did you see the one where he hits the football into space?" Someone asks as they watch Freddy's YouTube, laughing along with their friends. "So dope." One of them add.

"Hey, you know, you guys gotta wonder who's filming those, right? I mean, that's bravery in and out of itself." Freddy states confidently.

Blue chuckles. "I mean, is it though?" Billy asks. "Yeah! I'd actually argue even more brave." Freddy responds. "Holding a camera?" Billy says in disbelief.

"Staring in the face of danger." Freddy continues. "Like some weirdo fanboy." Blue chuckles. Just then, Burke bumps Freddy's shoulder, grabbing into his shirt.

Blue immediately backs away, not so sure what to do. "Hey, Freeman." He holds up his fist.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Freddy begins. "What? Is your bestie gonna hit us with a wheelchair this time?" Brett jokes. "No, maybe not him. But, I have another best friend who might hunt you down and destroy both of you." He spits out.

"Dumbass." Blue mutters as she stands behind her brothers, watching the scene unfold. "Freddy.." Billy warms. "You may have heard of him. The human power storm, frequency flinger, sir zaps a lot. Yeah, he's a man of many names."

"You know the red cyclone? You?" Burke questions in disbelief. "My ass you do." He sneers. "Oh, we're a lot closer than you think. Maybe. even at this very moment." Freddy replies confidently.

Behind her brothers, blue was shaking her head in disappointment towards the boy. "Prove it."

"Well, tomorrow! Tomorrow he's gonna come to lunch and- right? Right billy?" Freddy turns to the blue eyed boy. "Oh, yeah. And, Superman's gonna be bringing us desert, right?" Brett asks sarcastically.

The bell rings. "Tomorrow at lunch. You'll see." Freddy finalizes. "But when he doesn't show, then, we'll kick your ass." Burke says confidently, tapping Freddy's shoulder before walking off. "We'll see you later, blue."

The three begin walking, making their way to class. "So my identity's a secret, so no one can get hurt. Except when it makes you look cool.. so then it's all good." Billy says. "Billy, It isn't like they're supervillains! They're just super douchebags! No offense, Blue." Freddy replies.

"None taken." She sighs. "So you're breaking your own rule, got it!" Billy argues. "This thing is as much of mine as it is yours!" Freddy scoffs. "I'm starting to think it's all your thing." Billy sighs, walking off into his class. "You're still gonna do it though, right? I mean- what would a good brother do?" Freddy asks anxiously.

Once Billy is gone into his class, Freddy turns to face the girl beside him. "He'll come, right?" He asks. "Maybe. Can't be too sure. Come on, we've got science." Blue replies, heading towards the lab.

"Thanks for inviting me over, Freeman. Burke and Brett haven't been the best of brothers lately." Blue sighs as they enter the warm household. "Yeah, no problem. I mean, we're friends now, right?" Freddy asks, hanging his jacket.

"That's a stretch." Blue chuckles, doing the same. "oh my gosh! Blue is back!" Darla squeals, running up to the girl and giving her a large hug. "I've heard Freddy talk to Billy before! I've heard so much!" She giggles.

Blue turns her gaze to Freddy, who's cheeks grow a dark shade of red. "I'm just here for dinner. I hear you're a great cook, Darla." Blue lies, kindly smiling at the girl. Freddy chuckles, watching Darla free Blue and run back off to the kitchen.

"That was really nice of you." Freddy smiles. "What?" Blue asks. "Saying her cooking is good. It's hard to say that with a straight face." He laughs. "Oh, shut up! She's young." She slaps his arm.

"Kids! Dinner!" Rosa calls out. Freddy and Blue enter the dining room, taking their seats beside each other. "Welcome back, blue. It's nice to see you again." Rosa smiles kindly.

"Nice to see you too."

"Alright. All hands on deck!" Victor calls. Everyone except billy and blue place their hand on top of each other as Victor recites a prayer. "Thank you for this family, thank you for this day, thank you for this food, I'm sorry Billy's hand's on vacay." Victor and Rosa take a seat, then everyone begins eating.

"Big news in Philly. Got a costumed hero. He's doing good." Victor nods. Billy, Freddy, and Blue all share a look for a moment, curious as to what path this conversation will take.

"Yeah, but, is he, though?" Eugene questions. "Ooh. Controversy! Into it! Share with us your perspective, Eugene." Victor says cheerfully.

"Just saying. He's, what, charging people's phones? I can charge a phone with a plug." Eugene argues. "Preach!" Victor exclaims, causing blue to nearly choke on her drink, trying not to laugh.

"Pedro, any thoughts?" Victor asks. "Costume's stupid." He shrugs. "Got that right." Blue cuts in, smirking. Everyone chuckles, seemingly agreeing. "Big white cape like he's getting married or something." He adds.

"What if he didn't get to pick his costume? Ever think about that?" Billy asks. Blue raises her eyebrows, sighing. "You're a specialist, Freddy. What do you think?" Rosa speaks up.

"Yeah, Freddy. Let's manage to see the positive." Billy glares to the curly headed boy. "Okay, well, I think it looks like he doesn't have gratitude for what he's been given."

"Very specific! Alright!" Victor nods excitedly. "Maybe, to this superhero, gratitude doesn't mean having to be clingy." Billy responds. "Oh god." Blue mutters.

"Clingy. Wow! Interesting take!" Freddy says sarcastically. "You know, maybe, sometimes, a superhero just wants some me time." Billy argues. Everyone at the table begins confusedly looking to the two, wondering why they are so passionate about this argument.

"You know, me time, can also be construed as pushing away his family." Freddy doesn't hesitate to continue. "Family, really? Is that what they are now?" Billy asks. "You two are being unreasonable. You always do this!" Blue speaks up in frustration, further confusing the foster family.

"It's a classic symptom of superhero syndrome, coined by German psychologist, Heinrich Devon- German something, where superpowers are an all consuming narcotic." Freddy explains.

The frustrated billy gets up from his seat, making his way back up the stairs. "Son, we're still eating dinner." Victor states. "Maybe what he needs is a sidekick or two!" Freddy shouts. "Name one good sidekick!" Billy responds angrily.

"Darla, why are you so quiet over there, baby? You're never at a loss for words." Rosa asks. Darla looks up, her mouth full. "I'm eating." She says, looking directly at Freddy.

"This dinner was lovely, Mr and Mrs Vasquez. I better get going now. My father wants me home early tonight." She says nervously, checking the time.

"It's freezing outside. Do you need a ride?" Rosa asks in concern. "It's alright, thanks. Bye, Freddy. I'll see you tomorrow." Blue smiles.

Freddy waves goodbye as the girl leaves the house, exiting into the cold winter air.