Soulmates are the worst

A/n hey guys heaps of you requested I do a Steve x reader so here it is. I would really appreciate if you guys liked and commented and you can make requests at any time.

Moss and lichen covered boulders sprawled in the rockery of mother nature. There was no trace of civilisation in this wilderness apart from a worn out path that snaked through the blanket of grass. At the end of this path was an abandoned building it had most likely been a bomb shelter during the war but had slowly been taken over by Mother Nature. Your spirits were up high like the thundering mountains nearby. You were keen to concur, You cared little about the wet mud that stuck to your boots and the backpack that dug into your shoulders. Feeling your lungs bursting with fresh air, You observed the sunlight cascading down between a gap in the clouds into an azure blue lake. Around it the vegetation was lush with dew and resembled an ocean waving in the breeze. As you tilted your head up, you saw the path fade into a void of mist and bare twigs. Due to the surreal ambience, it was hard to believe that you wouldn't encounter a pack of trolls or fairies on the go. You looked around trying to remember every little detail, they'd be here soon they had finally tracked you down and you were ready for them.

Steve was hidden behind the shrubbery his eyes Intently watching your supposed location he hadn't seen you yet but he was on high alert. "Sam, where is she?" Steve whispered into his coms trying to keep as quit as possible. Sam was just about to reply when an explosion went off and he saw someone speed out of the abandoned war bunker on a motorcycle and into the forest. Steve run after you his lungs burning but the serum in his body allowing him to catch up. His hold on his shield tightened as he flung it at you knocking you off your motorcycle. He could hear you scream out in pain mud was splattered against your clothes but you ignored it standing up before running into the forest Twigs and branches scratching your skin.

Steve was catching up he couldn't lose you, you were on top of the avengers most wanted list. He run faster he could see your silhouette snaking through the trees and could tell you knew this forest well. Steve finally caught up to you tackling you to the ground you tried to get free but it was no use he had pinned your arms to the ground and was straddling your waist.  You finally looked up at him and froze, it was like time had stopped and you were trapped with him in this single moment forever. His eyes were blue. Not the ordinary sky blue, or the colour of the paint flaking off of the old shed in the back of the field, or even the little flowers that spring up by the side of the road. His eyes were blue like the sea, crystal clear blue- shimmering and crashing and churning. Looking into his eyes you could hear the waves falling against the shore, see the foam flying into the air. His eyes were blue like the sky right before the sun disappears- dark rich indigo, with specks of wild colours here and there. His eyes were blue like that warm wool sweater that you put on when the air gets that chill- comfortable, warm, familiar. His eyes were that kind of blue.

You'll look back on this moment one day and wonder why you even spoke to him why you let him trap you in his arms and steal your heart before you even noticed. You will one day wish you had escaped before you had let those words slip from your mouth. "Who trapped Poseidon in your eyes and gave you the gift of beauty" Steve froze above you, did you just say the words he had always wanted to hear, the words that were etched onto his skin. He looked down at his arm, maybe you had just read the words aloud. When his eyes finally reached his mark he froze his suit had covered the mark their was no way you could of read it unless. "I've finally found you, and I need to tell you I love you". Just second ago you had felt as if time had stopped, now you felt like it was speeding up to fast. It was a roller coaster ride and your stomach was turning. You glanced up to your wrist were your mark was hidden by his hands pinning you down. He saw you glance at your wrist and slowly lifted your hands to see the words he had just said etched onto your skin.

Steve finally looked at you and tried to remember every little detail about you. You had the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen, eyes that could swallow galaxies and create worlds. You hair was slightly messy with sticks and mud in it but he couldn't blame you for that, he was the one who had pinned you to the muddy ground to stop you from running away. Your hands felt soft under his touch and he wanted to hold his in yours. Your cheeks were bright pink from the cold and you were shivering under him. He couldn't believe he had finally found you, for seventy years he had been waiting for you. He had been waiting since he was a little guy in Brooklyn to stubborn to run away from a fight. Steve felt his hand loosen and soon realised that was a mistake, you kicked him in the stomach and squirmed out from under him. You were confused and angry "you've got to be kidding me my soulmates captain America" you glared at him whispering under your breathe "you do realise universe he's the good guy and I'm the bad guy, plus I didn't even want a soulmate" you started running into the forest snaking between the trees refusing to look back. Steve's heart broke that day and he realised two things you were the enemy, and he loved you but you didn't love him.

Your soulmate mark: I've finally found you, and I need to tell you I love you"

His soulmate mark: Who trapped Poseidon in your eyes and gave you the gift of beauty

Hi guys! Welcome to my page! I am active daily so shoot me a message if you have any request or want to message me about any pf my stories 💕