Hatred and broken hearts

You had packed a bag of your stuff and would be gone by morning. Most of your clothes still hung in the closet and your cat was carefully cradled In your arms. You sneaked out of your room and towards the living room where you knew everyone was hanging out. You looked around assessing your surroundings and locating the exists. Tony had organised a game night so that everyone could relax and bond. You had decided to stay in your room instead and sneak out when they were all distracted. You had stepped out of the elevator your (h/c) hair flowing behind you and your eyes twinkling with worry.  "Hey (y/n) how are you" you looked over at bucky hoping he didn't notice the back pack with all your stuff in it. You tried to sneak back into the elevator but he grabbed your arm "you know if you were trying to sneak out you should've used the stairs" you cursed under your breath before trying to break free. "If you leave Steve will miss you" you kept struggling to break free twisting and turning in his arms. "That's why I'm leaving" Bucky pinned you to the wall making you unable to escape "take it from a guy who's been on the run more times than you can count, Steve will find you and bring you back" you gave up "fine Barnes you win but you can't keep me here forever" Bucky smiled before letting you go "join us for game night, the team wants to get to know you" you hesitated but agreed following him to the living room were the rest of the avengers were located.

When you arrived into the living room the rest of the avengers turned to look at you. Wanda and Nat grabbed you and pulled you into the circle next to them. Steve was sat opposite you and was trying not to stare but he couldn't help it, when you walked into the room the whole world slowed down. You had perfectly freely flowing hair that framed your face with shining eyes that could swallow galaxies. Your perfectly manicured fingers were resting against a plastic cup and he wanted to intertwine your hands with his. Your cheeks were the colour of pink roses and he saw the nervousness you were trying to hide. Tony snapped him out of his trance by announcing that the team would be playing truth or dare to get to know each other better, their were a few groans but everyone agreed. 

Nat was the first to start and chose "Clint truth or dare" everyone turned towards Clint. He pretended to think for a second before choosing dare. "I dare you to do your best bird impression" clint cleared his throat before yelling out  "Ok ready, caw caw" clint was flapping his arms and running around the room. Everyone was laughing and clint sat back in his seat asking the next person truth or dare. You were distracted, your eyes drifting towards the window, the sky was black tranquility married to a poetry of stars. It was the softness that called body and brain to rest and let the heart go to its steady rhythm. Night came as a reward of sorts, a restfulness above to calm the soul. You dreamed about what you'd be doing if you weren't here right now. How you'd let the night sky dance around you and hide your secrets. You thought about the thrill off stealing and how you could rob a bank without getting caught. You wished you were still a villain, you wished you could be eclipse again not a hero or an avenger but a villain that lived a life of freedom. you thought about your villain eclipse and how you might never get a chance to be her again.

"Truth or dare y/n" you looked up and saw Wanda staring at you. "Dare" Wanda was trying to think of a good dare when Bucky leaned down and whispered something in her ear "perfect, thanks buck" she said. You knew you were screwed and started praying for your life. "Y/n I dare you to sit in Steve's lap for the rest of the game". You glared at Bucky mouthing traitor to him he shrugged and you started making your way to Steve. Steve's face was bright red and he was looking anywhere but at you. You sat in his laps and looked up at him with eyes full of innocence to make sure he was ok before asking the next question. The game continued and Steve couldn't stop thinking about you. How his arms were wrapped around your small frame and how he could feel the warmth radiating from your skin. You smelled like wildflowers and chocolate and you seemed at peace with the world. Steve memorised every detail about you big or small he memorised the pattern of your breathing and the feeling of you in his arms and how your clothes hugged your body. He kept glancing over at Bucky who had a cocky grin on his face and was silently telling him to make a move but he didn't. He knew you didn't love him and you'd never be his but he needed you in his life. So he settled with trying to be your friend. His eyes glanced down to your soulmate mark the words he had said to you etched onto your skin. "I've finally found you, and I need to tell you I love you" he looked away not wanting to remember how he met you and how you'd never be his 

When the game ended Steve helped you up and offered to walk you to your room. You hesitated before accepting and following his lead. You saw Steve stealing glances at you and smiled "you could take a picture it'll last longer" Steve laughed continuing to walk beside you "maybe I will" you froze taken a back by his answer before you burst out laughing "that was smooth" Steve started laughing with you and you couldn't fight the smile on your face. You finally made it to your room letting Steve walk in after you. Your room was fully decorated with picture frames, art and was that... "I thought you promised me you wouldn't steal that jewellery" he said. You shrugged "what can I say Steve I'm a thief" "I can tell because that wasn't the only thing you stole that night" you looked into his eyes thinking about what else you could of stolen. He leaned closer, his lips so close to yours "you stole my heart". Your heart started beating faster and you leaned into him lips almost touching before you heard a knock on the door. You pulled away from each other and saw Wanda at the door "sorry am I disrupting anything" "no" "yes" you said at the same time. Wanda stood awkwardly at the door and Steve decided he should leave before things got awkward. You glared at Wanda and she scurried out of the room leaving you alone with your feelings.