Fallen like the night

The morning sunlight was streaming through a crack in the window onto steves face giving it an ethereal glow. His blonde hair was messy and his eyes had dark rims under them. He hadn't slept well that night his mind plagued with thoughts of you. You hated him, in all fairness he understood why. You were the complete opposite of him he was charming and innocent while you were beautiful and sexy, he was the good guy you were the bad guy, he loved you....and you hated him. His soulmate hated him. Was it him was he not good enough he tried to remember the other night you standing on top of that building with the sun glowing on you. The sun was just rising making the sky explode with different colours. Your skin glowed in the morning rays and your hair was slightly messy. The morning light shining in your eyes the usual mischief all but gone and only your innocence left in them. Your hair had tumbled from your head in waves framing your face perfectly making you seem like a goddess amongst men. Maybe you were right maybe soulmates didn't exist.

You were running as fast as your legs would carry you. Your muscles were stiff and slightly bruised but you kept running refusing to turn around. "here pretty, pretty" you heard a voice behind you it was gruff and you could hear the aggression behind it. But you didn't turn back you couldn't, cursing to yourself you tried to recall how you got into this situation in the first place. You had broken into a secret vault that contained some of the governments most secret documents. Only problem was it was located in a hydra base, you were now wishing you had done your research before breaking into this place. You had taken the documents and on your way out you must of tripped a wire setting off the alarms alerting the agents to your whereabouts. Dammit you said thinking back to it, maybe that wasn't the smartest decision you had made. The agents were angry firing as many bullets at you as they could you dodged them all but they were going to get you sooner or later. You had to escape, you saw an exist sign and followed it praying for your life. An agent shot you in the shoulder but you continued running trying not to focus on the pain. Blood was dripping down your arm and seeping into your villain outfit you tried to stop the blood but it was no use. You were going to die here you were never going to see your friends and family again, you were never going to watch the sun rise on your favourite building and you were never going to see Steve again. You shook your head why were you thinking about Steve he wasn't Important to you, right?

You we're running down an alleyway the walls slimy and wet but you were almost out just keep running you begged your tired legs. You felt two arms wrap around you and dragged you into a side street covering your mouth. You tried to break free but the stranger held you tighter. "Shhh it's me" the stranger said. You were about to punch him in the face when you saw hydra agents run pass the alleyway ignoring your presence. When they finally left you turned around and froze. Standing in front of you was none other then the famous Tony Stark. You looked around panicking now if Tony was here then Steve must be as well. You heard tony laugh "he's not on this mission" you let out a deep sigh of relief. Tony saw the bullet wound on your shoulder and grimaced "your hurt" you glared daggers at him and he knew you weren't going to go with him without a fight. Tony looked down seeing the documents held tightly in your hand. He reached down prying them out of your hand and turned to leave "well I've got what I need, I'm leaving now" you froze he was going to leave you here. "wait what about me" you said fear laced in your voice. Tony pretended to think about it "well I mean I could technically help you if you were an avenger but..." tony said turning around about to leave. You panicked he was your only way out of here, well at least out of here alive. "Ok I'll become an avenger, happy" you yelled out "ecstatic" he said grabbing your arm and dragging you through the compound "lets get you out of here then"

Steve was in the gym his mind focused on the first day you met. He had wished he had met you anywhere else. A coffee shop, a library, hell even the supermarket but life wasn't fair and he knew it. He knew it when he watched his best friend fall from a train, he knew it when his plane crashed into the freezing ocean and all he could feel was numbness, he knew it when he woke up seventy years in the future and he knew it when he met you. Steve was hitting the punching bag as hard as he could, till sand was falling from it. He needed a way to get his anger out and this seemed like the best option. He heard Friday's voice echo around the empty gym telling him and the other avengers to go to the conference room for a meeting. Steve let out a loud groan Wiping the sweat off his face before leaving the gym. When he finally got to the conference room he froze standing next to fury was you. Your face was set in a frown and you looked pissed but Steve just thought you looked cute. Your eyes were like space filled with millions of tiny galaxies. Your skin looked so soft and he noticed the cuts and grazes on your cheek. You saw him enter the room but decided to ignore him. He forgot you hated him. His eyes were trained on your body you were wearing casual clothes and the mask you always wore was no where to be seen. "What are you doing here" he asked his voice full of nerves "I'm an avenger now" Steve felt the wind get knocked out of him "since when" you let out a loud groan "since tony saved my life" Steve was about to ask you more questions when you started to glare at him "I don't care if we're soulmates it doesn't make us friends" you spat out leaving Steve standing their alone.

You were in your room planning on how to escape when you heard a knock on your door. Your head shot up and you were met with Wanda, Nat and Loki. You looked around wondering why They were knocking on your door. "I know your not a fan of us but your part of the avengers now so.." Wanda said giving you a basket of baked goods. You pulled out a brownie bringing the sweet treat to your lips letting out a moan. "Thanks " you said Wanda smiled at you. You invited the three of them in and you talked for hours playing games and eating the sweets Wanda brought. Time flew by and you could see yourself actually enjoying your stay at the tower. The morning sun was starting to glisten into your room and you were surprised you had spent so long with them nat and Wanda said goodbye and started to leave but Loki stayed behind looking down at you. "I know what it's like being the villain, but these guys aren't so bad so give them a chance, ok" you nodded pulling him into your arms and hugging him. He leaned down and whispered into your ear "and if you don't like it here I'll help you escape" you laughed at that. You and Loki didn't notice Steve watching in the shadows jealousy burning through his veins.