twenty two

"BYE MOM!" Kenzie yelled, hearing the honk of the silver car parked in front of her house. 

"Have fun at school Mack! And remember, be careful!" Melissa said smiling, giving her daughter one last hug before letting her out of her arms. 

Kenzie unlocked her front door, running to meet her friends who were picking her up for school. 

"That's where my shirt went!" Lauren laughed, taking notice of the white crop top Kenzie was wearing which she clearly borrowed once in the past week and never gave back. 

"Oops," Kenzie laughed, climbing into the passenger's seat next to Johnny.

"Hayden?" Kenzie asked her friends, seeing Hayden wasn't there. She thought they would all be going together. 

"His mom wanted to drive him. While our moms have loosened since the police, Trisha's been on top of him. She would probably follow him into school if she was allowed to," Nadia laughed. 

"Oh well," Kenzie smiled, pulling her dark hair into a ponytail. 

"So, glad to be back?" Johnny asked Kenzie, shifting his right hand from his lap to on top of hers. 

"Yeah, very." Kenzie blushed. 

"Eyes on the fucking road John!" Nadia screamed, Lauren laughing next to her. As soon as they got to school, Johnny parked his car, and the four reluctantly climbed out. When they walked into the building, crowds of students were already blocking the halls, everyone trying to get to their lockers after the break. Many students hugged the four or talked to them, checking up on how they were. 

"Hey guys!" Hayden yelled from down the hall, running and toppling them with a bear hugs.

"We were all together like two days ago Hayden– but whatever!" Kenzie laughed, embracing him with the same energy. 

"So, I heard its cuffing season..." Hayden smirked. 

"I'm already 'cuffed' so what's that look for?" Kenzie chuckled, placing her head on Johnny's shoulder. 

"We need to find Hayden a girl!" Johnny said obviously. 

"Wait, I know exactly who is perfect for him!" Nadia screeched, whispering something into Lauren's ear as the two of them ran off together. 

"They're so weird," Johnny joked, wrapping his arm around Kenzie. 

"Not weirder than us," Kenzie smiled, kissing Johnny on the cheek and then on the lips. 

"Damn I can't believe Maisy almost got us to get together," Hayden said shaking his head. "Just imagine," Kenzie rolled her eyes, then blew a kiss to Hayden. It was all a big joke, and they loved making fun of each other for it now. Lauren and Nadia quickly returned from wherever the hell they went to, giggling.