DILEMMA

Jacob

"JACOB! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE." Drunk again. My decision on whether or not to actually go out there was iffy, but I wouldn't want a repeat of previous times my stepfather was drunk. As if that would even matter.

I walked out of my room with my palms sweaty and my body shaking heavily. He was standing in the door frame with a glass bottle wrapped in a paper sack in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

"Where's your mom?" He said with quiet anger in his voice. "Sh-she hasn't came home from work yet." I was so scared. "I'm pretty sure she'll be here soon." I said trying to make him not as pissed as he already is for my mom not being here.

He stepped closer to me, and at this point I knew I wouldn't like his next move. I instantly felt a stinging pain to my cheek and I fell to the ground. "Don't you dare disrespect me." He said through his teeth. "I wasn't d-direspecting you. You're just d-drunk." Boy did I regret saying that.

The tip of his boot hit immediate contact with the bridge of my nose. Tears were now streaming from my eyes. "Jacob!" A fearful voice shouted out. Just in time. My mom stood in the doorway with tears in her eyes. She ran over and kneeled down to me caressing my forehead.

"Are you okay sweatheart?" She looked at me with such sorrow. "I'm fine mom." I said drying my tears of off my face. "Hahaha." He laughed. "Jacob you're such a little bitch."

"Mark stop!" She yelled at him. "I'm tired of this. Everytime you get drunk you become so abusive. You hit me. You hit my son and I'm sick of it. You need to go." She said. I could tell she was scared by the way that her hand were shaking.

"Oh so you're putting me out eh?" He said.

"Go!"

I had never heard my mom talk to him like this. Most of the time she just accepts his abuse. I guess she really was tired of him.

She stood up and Mark stepped to her. I stood up to in fear of what he was going to do. They both had a death stare on they're faces. Then all of a sudden my mom was lying on the floor holding her face. He had punched her. "Mom!" I yelled running to her.

"It's okay mijo." She said. "I want you to run and get the neighbors." I hugged her and did as she said.

I ran out of the house crossing over the yard to my neighbors house. "Ms. Hernandez! Ms. Hernandez!" I yelled banging on the door. "Ay mijo. You scared me." She said as she opened the door. "Que paso?" I just stared at her.

"Is it Mark?" She asked. I nodded my head. She grabbed my hand and we both walked back over to my house. When we got there I saw something that I knew would destroy me for the rest of my life.

My mom was lying in a puddle of blood with a knife in her stomach. I ran over to her hold her and telling her she would be okay. I looked up at Ms. Hernandez who was now calling for an ambulance, but soon it was pointless. I looked down at my mother who's skin was now cold and eyes were closed.

That was eight years ago. I now live with my aunt and my three cousins. Ever since the incident I don't really speak to anyone. I rather stay to myself. I've been in and out of counseling sessions but that's no help.

People at school try to get me to talk but it never works. I just really wish they'd leave me alone.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Okay sooo here's the new story. I won't finish it until I finish 'til the end. . .

So be expecting this story sometime between the end of December and beginning of January. I think this will be my best one.

READ, VOTE, COMMENT!