SOMETHING NEW

Jacob

I hate the fact that he wrote his number on my hand because the whole class period I got picked on about.

Every since people noticed I don't really talk, all they do is talk about me. Well most of them. It's mainly just the football jock, or popular kids that don't have anything better to do than worry about someone else's life.

The day went on and for some reason I kept thing how something about that "Cresent" guy made me feel you know, weird. Like no one ever just randomly comes up to me and start to talking to me, or worse asks me to hang out with them.

And even though I didn't want him to, and he clearly knew I didn't want him to, he still did. Why?

I don't know maybe I'm just thinking too much.  When I got home after school I looked down at my hand. The number was a bit blurred now so I hurriedly wrote it down on a piece of paper.

"Niño? Are you home?" My aunt called from downstairs.

"Yes, I'll be right down." I sat the paper on my bed and left out of the room.

"How was your day?" She asks.

I just shrugged.

"Nothing new?"

"I umm,"

"C'mon baby just say it." My aunt said puting her hand on my shoulder. I know wants me to talk more but I can't. I mean I can talk. I just prefer not to.

"I got asked to hang out with some people today." I whispered.

"Really? That's good mijo. When are you going?"

I shook my head.

"Jacob." She said. She looked down at my pockets and saw the piece of paper that was sticking out. She hurried and grabbed it before I could stop her. She opened it revealing the name and number on it.

"Chresanto? Who's this? Is this who asked you?" She said getting excited.

I nodded.

"Is he cute?" She asked. For some reason, I knew that question was coming. I just looked away from her.

"Ayee c'mon. Tell me." She said.

I nodded my head and she went crazy. My aunt has always asked me for months about any girls or boys that I like and I've always told he no. Not say that I like Chresanto, I mean I just met him.

"When does he want to hang out?" She asked. I then pointed at the ground. That women's eyes grew so big that if she would've opened them any wider they would've popped out of her skull.

You know the saying, Everyone Has That One Crazy Aunt? She's that crazy aunt.  Well she's my only aunt but still, you get the point. She runs upstairs into my room. I shrug my shoulders and go to the refrigerator to find something to eat. I grab the strawberries and the container of whipped cream.

As I'm eating my snack, my aunt comes downstairs and hands me my phone which has my inboxes open.

"You didn't." I mouthed.

"I did indeed." She said with a smirk upon her face.

I scrolled through the new messages with wide eyes.

Me: hey, chresanto its Jacob.

Chresanto: Oh yeah, the kid from earlier.

How did he know it was me. I didn't tell him my name earlier. Did I?

Me: im not a kid.

Chresanto: lol , sorry. You know what I meant. Are we still on for tonight.

Me: you make this sound like a date.

Chresanto: . . .

Me: lol im just kidding. And yeah we're still on.

Chresanto: great. What's you address so I could pick you up?

Me: 8555 Behavior Rd.

Chresanto: That's a weird street name, but okay. Pick you up at 7?

Me: Okay.

Did she seriously do this? I gave her a questioning look.

"I don't wanna hear it." She said. "You're going to hang out with him. All you do is sit around here all day and do nothing. It's time to start something new."

As much as I hated to admit it, she was right.

"Okay." I mouthed.

"And I know its too much to ask but you're gonna have to give me some words. I know you can talk. I hear you singing at night." She said.

What the hell.

A/N: DAMN I HAVEN'T  UPDATED THIS IN A WHILE. BUT SHIIIII , HERE YOU GUYS GO.