CHAPTER 16

I couldn't feel my legs carry me out of the bathroom and down the corridor

I couldn't feel my legs carry me out of the bathroom and down the corridor. I could've went the other way, back to the dance knowing very well that I'll find him there waiting for me. Sadly I didn't have that confidence and because deep down inside I knew some truth rang in Sia's words. I'm crazy about you, no one else.I gave him a chance because I saw something in him I knew I just had to have. Why was that derailed just because some mean girl said otherwise? He's done anything but plant a seed of doubt in my head, so why didn't I turn around? He deserved my trust and I felt guilty that even now I didn't give it to him.I decided to make a deal with myself, I'll look for him and if I don't find him, this is the last time I will ever doubt him.I turned a corner and no one was there, I turned again and froze, Sia wasn't lying for once. There they were lip locking. Lulu had both her hands on his face firmly holding him to her and suddenly Cheng pulled away.

"Next time I'll let you kiss more than just my lips." She purred and I felt a bile rise in my throat.

I closed my eyes for a second hanging my head, this is what he wants, girls like her, not naïve expectant like me.I just wish he had the decency to cut his losses with me first. Cheng was about to say something but he stopped and his eyes locked on me, slightly widening. Lulu turned around to face me; she had a satisfied look on her face. I snapped, how dare she have that smirk on her face, did she forget she's seeing my brother?

I decided to dwell on my rising anger than shuttering hurt and betrayal.I walked up to her

"I never thought it was possible for you to disgust me more than you do right now." I hissed at her

"The fact that my brother has anything to do with you makes me sick to my stomach." I added.

She stared at me with a little surprise, I didn't dare look at Cheng, if I did I'd crack, I knew I would.

"Well I'm going to end this so called relationship if it's the last thing that I do." I spat, even though my heart was breaking with each second that ticked by, all I could think was that this bitch was breaking my brother's as well.

I couldn't protect mine, but I'll make damn sure Lulu doesn't hurt my brother.

"You're going to break it off with him and you're going to get your claws out of him and leave him alone, or so help me God Lulu-" I said getting in her face as my voice rose higher.

"Fan Xing..." Cheng said and my head snapped to him

"Not a single word from you!" I shouted,

"I have nothing to say to you." I shrieked and he blinked a few times, a flurry of emotions passing in his eyes.

Bewilderment, pain, regret?I stared at him for a second and chuckled without humor, it sounded wrong, even to my ears as I held back tears. I refuse to cry.

"They were right, you're an ass. They were all right, and deep down inside I knew it too. But shame on me for choosing not to believe it," I said with quiet resignation.