FINAL CHAPTER

One year later

One year later...

It's been almost a week since Cheng's graduation; it was bittersweet. I'd miss having him around school, just when it was starting to seem less like torture. He was off to college and my best friend and I were finally going to be seniors next semester.

"How does it feel?" Jun Xiang asked over the phone

"You're finally going to join the my-boyfriend-is-in-University club." He added.

Zhen Xin went to Tsinghua University a year ago, he made an effort to visit as much as he could.

I sighed "It can't be that bad, is it?" I asked and he chuckled

"No it's not that bad, I just miss him sometimes, besides he's not on Mars okay."

He added and I paused.

"Okay, what's with the pause?" he asked.

"I don't know, its my boyfriend, he's been a little offish lately." I said with a frown I knew he could hear in my voice.

"Hey, he's just a little busy, you know going to college and stuff." He said,

"Yeah, I know." I said.

"Where did he say he's going?" he asked,

"I think he's still weighing his options, he got a few scholarships from impressive varsities." I said, Zhen Xin also had the same dilemma but he ended up taking Tsinghua because it was closer. But mostly I knew he did because of Jun Xiang .

"Varsities that are very far away." He finished for me; I bit my nail

"Am I selfish for worrying about that?"

I asked and he reassured me the only way Jun Xiang knows how, sometimes talking to him is my saving grace.

"Where would I be without you huh?" I asked and he laughed

"Lost in Narnia."

He teased and I chuckled

"I have to go, chat later." I said then hung up.I got dressed quickly; I was meeting Cheng at the beach today.

When I got there, it was a little deserted; there were only a few people. Cheng was already there, waiting for me. I stopped a little to look at him; he was walking along the shore barefoot, his pants were rolled up to his shins. He seemed to be staring at the ocean deep in thought. He must've heard me approaching because he pivoted then smiled.I smiled and he caught me in his arms and kissed me, I made a disapproving sound when he broke the kiss.

"Hush up or you're going in the water," he said and I chuckled

"Only if you'll get in with me." I said and he smiled putting his arm around my shoulders.

And we continued his stroll along the shore.

We spent hours there, time flew by as we talked, played, splashed each other with water and everything in between.