CHAPTER 17

I parked my car next to Jun Xiang' blue VW Polo; he got out and walked towards me

I parked my car next to Jun Xiang' blue VW Polo; he got out and walked towards me. He hugged me tightly but briefly

"Hi, I tried calling you yesterday but you didn't pick up." he said and I smiled apologetically.

I was having a heart to heart with Zhen Xin but I wasn't about to tell him about brother either.I suddenly flinched remembering the dozens of missed calls Cheng left on my cell and voicemails I just deleted without listening to.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry, I was in hibernation"

I said and he chuckled

"Even heartbroken you're funny as hell, ladies and gentlemen the amazing Wang Fan Xing." he said and I bowed chuckling too, it felt good.

I was making progress, Friday was starting to fade like a bad dream but I knew seeing him today was going to set me back a few steps.I felt like I was being watched but when I looked around nothing was out of the ordinary and no one seemed to be paying attention to me.

Jun Xiang and I made our way up the steps and into the building. The day went by very slowly, but considerably normal, I was only anxious at lunch, knowing I'll have to see Cheng but he wasn't there. I don't know if I was relieved or even more anxious. But now as I sat on my chair in art class, I just want to run back out.

You can do this Fan Xing, I chanted to myself as the class filled with students. I just have to get through a few more weeks and quarterly tests then I'm free to go on a three-week vacation. I need the distance and rest.I looked up in time to see Mr. hot and delicious enter the class, he looked like his usual handsome self, though he looked like he could use some sleep.The small dark circles were hardly visible; you'd have to have spent a great deal of time studying him to notice the change. Like me I thought sadly, looking down. I felt his eyes on me as he made his way to his own desk.

"Fan Xing..." he started softly after a pause and I shook my head silencing him

"Don't." I said in the same tone without turning to look at him.I was grateful when our teacher called the class to order and he began the lesson. Suddenly the bell rang, disrupting my autopilot mode. I quickly got up and left the classroom, maneuvering through the students.

I heard Cheng call me but I kept walking, I'm not ready to deal with him just yet, he caught up to me grabbing my waist to halt my escape. He let go but he took hold of my arm this time around.

"Fan Xing, stop running, please." He said and I struggled to pry my arm free

"Let go." I said quietly.

His eyes darkened

"Why haven't you answered my calls? I was...worried."

He said and I stared blankly at him.

"That's sweet, but I had nothing to say to you." I said, my voice just as blank as my stare; he ran his free hand through his hair.

"Why wont you listen to me?" he asked, his voiced laced with rooten frustration.