[18]: Stay (Part 2)

[Damien's POV]

        As I finished reading the letter, I felt the hand holding it drop down and watched as the letter slowly feathered to the ground.  Beside me, I heard Alex roar in pain, before dropping to his knees and crying.  I could distantly hear him screaming why over and over.  Too consumed in my pain to even move.  My heart shattered.  My mind broken.

        But before I could succumb to my grief, I had remembered this morning seeing the twinkling of light.  And it came to me then, that it may have been Leilani I had seen.  Not bother to explain or comfort Alex, I ran out of the house again.  As I ran down the stairs, I heard Rachel calling me from the other set.  I looked to her, her face confused.  Asking me where I was going, but I didn't answer her.  I would explain things later, if I found Leilani in time.  She deserved an explanation in the least, but right now was not the time.  Right now, I needed to find Leilani.

        Stopping at where I had seen the twinkling light, I quickly shifted into my black wolf.  He instinctually picked up her scent, and I bounded into the forest.  Hoping I wasn't too late.  Hoping that I would reach her before my actions had permanent ramifications.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Unknown POV]

        I watched as the large black wolf entered the forest.  Angry that he had found his answers.  I was coming for what was mine, and I am bringing him with me.  Because if I can't have him, no one can, and he will make sure of that.