Chapter 3- I Chose You

The world stopped for Chloe. The only thing she could feel was Demi's soft lips moving and syncing with hers. Everything else was just a blur. Chloe didn't even bother opening her eyes when Demi pulled away. The butterflies in the very bottom of her gut still fluttered for she could still feel Demi's hand lying on top of hers. She could here Demi's rapid breath and she could feel her hand shaking. "Chloe.." Demi said, and squeezed her hand. "Come on say something," she pleaded and her voice trembled. Chloe's eyes fluttered open and she gazed at Demi. She noticed how Demi's face was flushed and her freckles disappeared in the blush. "You didn't have to do that," Chloe whispered in a deep yet soft voice. "I wanted to," Demi said with her eyes filled with lust. Chloe saw the way the younger girl was looking at her and she snapped her eyes closed. "You have Matt," Chloe shook her head as a small delicate tear dropped from her bottom lashes. Demi reached across the small table with her right hand and brushed the tear away gently, as if it would kill her if it fell.

"I know. I shouldn't of kissed you but I couldn't stop myself. I had to and right now my brain is telling me to go to Matt but my heart is telling me to stay here with you and kiss you again," Demi said, her face clearly showing how happy she was at the moment. As her smile grew wider and wider each second, showing her small dimples on each side of her rosy cheeks. "I think you should listen to your head. You're not even gay. You'd end up regretting not being with Matt. He's a really good guy and he likes you a lot," Chloe said, letting go of Demi's hand and standing up. "Chloe?" Demi asked, still sitting down. "Yeah?" Chloe said. Her hands trembled slightly and she couldn't bare to look Demi in the eyes. "Are we still friends?" Demi held her breath waiting for the older girl to answer her question. Chloe sighed and her head dropped to look at Demi. Her small body was shaking and her face was a bright red. "Of course we're still friends. We're still going to the movie tonight too," Chloe flashed her a bright smile and walked out of the diner as fast as she could.

Demi trudged home. Her feet slowly hitting the ground with heavy steps. Her hands were dangling at her sides and her head hung low. Even though Chloe said they were alright she didn't really believe it; it seemed like Chloe wanted to get away from her. Demi wanted to kiss her, she knew that for sure. But did she really want to chose Chloe over Matt? Now that was what Demi was debating. She knows she's not gay, but she feels something for Chloe. Something she's never felt towards another girl before. When she kissed her she felt the shock, the same shock she felt when she kissed Matt. It felt like a firework went off in the pit of her stomach.

Chloe closed her bedroom door and jumped on her bed, burying her face in the pink fluffy pillow resting against her headboard. A tiny scream jumped out of her throat and she started giggling. She had waited until she was home to show her excitement, well because she didn't want to freak Demi out. She didn't regret telling Demi to go to Matt because she knows she would be a lot happier with him but she felt like she needed Demi. She just wanted to hold her and kiss her again. She felt the butterflies in her stomach flutter at the thought about the movie they're seeing tonight. Who knows what's gonna happen.

"Come on Alex," Trevor said. His hands started to cramp while waiting for Alex to decide on what ice cream she wanted. "I think I want blue berry," she trailed off. Trevor groaned and the brown paper bags began to slip. "Alex I'm going to drop everything if you don't hurry," he whined. Alex rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll go with strawberry," she said with a smirk placed on her lips. The middle aged man behind the counter nodded and began to scoop three clumps of bright pink ice cream into a chocolate cone. Alex took the cone and paid the man $10. "Let's go you big baby" Alex giggled and pulled him along the busy street of New York.

"Hey Matt, hey Kevin," Alex mumbled while a trail of pink dripped off of her chin. "Hey Alex. God you're so messy, here," Kevin tossed her a rag that was sitting on the nearest counter. Alex chuckled and looked around the room. "Hey where's Chloe and Demi?" she asked which made Matt look up suspiciously. "Hmm.." Trevor muttered and placed all of the groceries he was holding onto the kitchen floor. "I don't know," Trevor while he began to put the food he was dying to eat away. Suddenly a door opened and everyone looked towards the hallway. Chloe came out of her room with a smile plastered on her face. She noticed everyone staring at her and she began to laugh but she stifled it.