brave new world

brave new world

Grace pulled into a parking spot, shifting her car into parking mode. Leaning backward, placing her head on the headrest, closing her eyes as she takes a deep breath. She's pulled out of her state by a loud knocking on her car window. She rolled her eyes at Zibby's smiling face and waving left hand. She turned off her car, placing her keys in her purse as she put it on her shoulder and got out of her car. 

"Morning, Zib." Grace tiredly greeted as the two walked towards the hospital. She moved her hair out of her face. "I have something to tell you." The blonde changed her tone to a more serious one.

Zibby held her upper arm, stopping her before they crossed the street to the hospital, "Is everything okay? Is it the baby? Oh, my god! Are you having it right now?" Now gripping both of her arms.

"Ow!" Pulling her pinching hands off of her arms, "And no," a confused look gracing her face, "you're a nurse, how do you not know that?" The two crossing the crosswalk.

"Sorry, sorry." Zibby quickly apologized, "You know my mind, it goes to the extreme. Anyway, what do you have to tell me?"

Grace then dragged out her words, "I told Mark last night."

"What!? What?! Oh, my god! Okay, okay!" She jumped up and down. "How did you react? What did he say? Okay, okay! You tell me. Oh, my god!"

The nurse resisted the urge to smile at her excitement. "Um...he, he reacted well. He was actually happy about it."

Zibby's smile increased to a size bigger than the Cheshire Cat's. "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys! You should totally name the kid after me."

"Uh, I think it's a boy." Grace excused not wanting to down Zibby's excitement.

Zibby's mouth gaped open, happier than ever, "It's a boy!" She then screeched, already jumping up and down.

The comment overheard by everybody in the nearest radius, which included Mark and Derek at the coffee cart. "Zib," Grace staring over at Mark, "I'll see you later." Before Zibby ran off, Grace grabbed her whispering harshly in her ear, "Still doesn't give you an excuse to tell everyone." Zibby began walking away before being yanked back again. "Including Ruth."

Grace walked over to Mark and Derek, "Hey, um, c-can I talk to you?"

"Uh, yeah." Mark agreed. "What's up? You okay? Is it the baby?" Piling on questions.

She held her arms up in defense, "Woah. Woah. Give me a second." She took a deep breath, "I'm fine. Baby is fine. And I do not know the gender, don't tell Zibby that though. She's convinced I'm going to name the baby after her or be the godmother or something, even though Jewish people don't have godparents or whatever." She finished her rambling.

"Okay, got it." He nodded.

"That's not what I wanted to talk to you about. Um, we didn't really talk much last night about, uh, our plans, you know, for the baby. You were just kind of all happy that we didn't really get to talk." Grace explained as the two stood to the side of the entrance of the hospital.