life during wartime

life during wartime

"My mother is coming," Grace announced to Mark as she moved next to him, grasping his forearm. "Correction: my mother and father are coming."

Mark turned to face her, eyes widened, "Uh, when?"

She stood there silent, trying to recall the conversation with her mother. "Well, she didn't exactly say, but I'll make sure to ask her about that when I call her tonight. She does like surprises, but I didn't tell her about...you know, and I'd like for you to be there when I tell them." She exhaled. "I want you to meet them."

"The ones you've told me about probably not being okay with us not being married and having a kid together," Mark commented.

She nodded, "Yep, those would be the ones."

The two stayed in silence until Mark asked, "Your dad doesn't own a shotgun by a chance?"

Grace shook her head, patting his back, "I don't think he'll bring that on the plane...hopefully." Mark slowly moved his head over to Grace, giving her a look.

His pager beeped, looking down at it, "I'm getting paged to the pit, you wanna come?"

She nodded slowly, "Sure, I guess." Grace following Mark down into the ER, "I can tell you more about my parents on the way down." She giggles as she notices his eyes widen, "They're not as bad as I make them out to be. They might want us to be married, but we both have stable jobs and can provide. No matter what they both just want the best for me. Though my dad might try to beat the crap out of you, you're a plastic surgeon. Didn't you do stitches on yourself when Derek punched you."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." He brushed her off as they entered the elevator sliding in beside the several unknown faces.

Grace recognizes the look on his face, "I know you better than you think I do." She smiled widely up at him. "As long as we have a plan, we'll be fine. So, I think tonight, we'll do that. Either at my messy place or your nice hotel room with room service and the bathtub I really like." She flirtatiously smirked at him as the elevator doors popped open.

The two joined Derek in front of a trauma room. The man glances at her, unaware of who she is. "This the nurse you knocked up?"

"Uh, yep, that would be me, I guess." The blonde shrugged.

Mark introduced, "This is Grace."

"I know her name, Mark. You've talked about her before." Derek said as the new chief of trauma, Owen Hunt, approached them, then dismissed them insisting that Alex Karev could deal with burns and head injury on his own.

Grace followed Mark as the two left the pit. "Guess that's what I am now."

"What?"

The blonde joked, "The slutty nurse that you knocked up."