A Flame

Astrid's P.O.V

Stupid School.

Stupid Mom.

Stupid EVERYTHING.

As you can see I'm not happy. For whatever reason, I'm in the middle of a forest, surrounded by wolves, with the hottest girl in school insulting me.

It all started early today, I think.

Flashback

*Beep**Beep*

̈ ̈ACK!̈ I exclaimed as I fell off my bed.

*Beep**Beep**Beep**Beep*

̈Ugh, what time is it?¨ I groaned.

7:83 Am

Wait... CRAP I'M GONNA BE LATE. I rushed to get ready for the day. All in all, I left the house in tow with my mom and a piece of toast in my mouth.

¨I can't BELIEVE YOU! Your first day of high school and you're already LATE!¨ My mom Scolded me as we hurtled down the road to my new high school. I had just recently moved here and started this school.

I guess I should introduce myself, I'm Astrid, I'm 16. I'm a Warlock and Fae mix. Yes, you heard me in this crazy world of mine, we have the supernatural. Although not all countries accept us we still live in peace with humans, except for the occasional war.

̈Are you listening? Ugh, nevermind we ́re here.¨ My mom groaned.

I looked up and My. Jaw. Dropped.

Miti Rifugio High school. In front of me sat a huge school. It was on a foundation making the three-story building even higher. It was made of black and red bricks. In front of the school sat a giant statue of the founder. Malec Dovahkiin(If you get the reference I love you.). He was the first-ever dragon shifter recorded in history. He was alive five thousand years ago. The school itself was a place for Supernaturals to go if they aren't accepted by the place they live. The website said they had over two thousand students already. They have over fifteen schools around the world.

¨Well? You just gonna sit there and gawk, or you gonna get going?¨ She asked me, jolting me out of my trance.

¨Oh right! Love ya!¨ I yelled as I got out of the car and bounded up the stairs and into the school. I slowed down once I get in the building and I looked around in amazement. I shook my head and looked around to see where the office was and saw, thankfully, it was just by the entrance.

I walked in and was instantly calm. The office smelled of lavender and some kind of spice. When I entered a woman at the front counter called out,¨you need some help hun?¨

I turned towards her with a smile and responded,¨Im new here and was wondering if I could get my schedule and a map?¨

¨Oh, of course, you must be Astrid, I love your name, I was told you were coming. Come I'll get you set up.¨ She gestured me to follow.

I followed her to the back of the office to some cabinets. She opened one and dug for a few seconds and then pulled out a file. She then sat at the table and told me to sit.

Once I was set she opened the file and pulled out my schedule and a ma of the school. She circled a few things and then spoke to me,¨So I circled your classes on the map. Right now its homeroom so I suggest you hurry, come back at the end of the day. Have a good day dear.¨

I thanked her and rushed out the door following the map.

Timeskip

I entered my homeroom to absolute chaos. A few predators were snarling and the prey was cowering in the corner. The other Supernaturals that arent prey or predator were scoffing and minding their own business. The teacher was doing some work. When she looked up she got angry and gave detention to the predators.

She then saw me at the entrance looking startled and yelled for them to sit down.

They had partner seats. After everyone was settled and calmer. She started to introduce me,¨This is the new student... eh, what's your name sweetie?¨

¨Astrid ma'am.¨ I responded.

¨Astrid, welcome to our class, I'm Mr. Ashi. You can sit... um... by the window third row.¨ She directed me towards my seat.

As I made my way there I made eye contact with a lot of people. The prey looked timid and welcoming, the predators looked cautious and hateful, the other just looked judgy. I rolled my eyes at those last two.

I took my seat and smiled at the teacher. The seat next to was empty.

¨Alright listen up for the roll.¨ The teacher called.

¨Hali¨

¨Here¨

¨Maxine¨
¨Here¨

¨Rose¨

¨...¨

¨Rose?¨

All of a sudden I felt a pull to be near someone. Who it was pulling me towards I don't know.

Then a girl burst into the room startling all of us. That's who I'm being pulled to.

¨Here!¨

The teacher glared at the girl, Rose, who smiled sheepishly back.

¨Rose,¨ the teacher sighed,¨Meet your seatmate Astrid. She's new, DONT make her leave. Understand?¨

¨Yes ma'am.¨ Rose saluted and walked over. Smirking

She sat in the seat next to me and offered me her hand.

¨Rose Canterbury. You?¨

I took her hand and said, ¨Astrid Calis.¨

I couldn't help but shiver when I touched her hand.

She smiled and turned to the front. I stared for a second, Observing her, then turned to the front as she started the lesson.

Also, did I mention that the girl was incredibly hot? Like I could lick my finger and touch her skin, and it actually makes the sizzling sound.

The teacher started to talk about the subject, it was only then I realized this a science class. Huh, I need to pay more attention.

I tried to listen, I really did, but I quickly lost interest and started thinking. I wasn't thinking about anything normal, I never do, but I was imagining things that could happen this year. What I didn't know was that my wish to have an interesting school year would be taken seriously. And I wasn't ready for what came next. I just hoped whatever made this school interesting involves the girl.

This story will be replacing my zanvis story. Please thank CaptainFandom for this plotline. Thank you for reading this story will also be on hold while I get caught up in my other books. - Gone_Scarlett.

1097 word.