The Match

I watched in horror as the green mist swirled around me and Astrid. I quickly jumped in front of her as we look to where the mist is coming from.

We stare at the gap in the forest for a few moments seeing nothing. Then we start to see a shadow forming. It looked like an old woman. Hunched over back, I knew better.

̈ ̈What is THAT!?̈ Astrid whispered yelled.

¨You don't wanna know ̈ I said.

¨I wanna know. Is it dangerous?¨ She said, being stubborn.

̈Ugh, Depending on what it wants, yes it is dangerous.¨

̈Thank you ma'am.¨ she retorted.

We were interrupted by a low groaning sound. We both turned towards the shadow of the woman.

Astrid cowered into me.

I held on tighter to Astrid.

The shadow revealed... A teen?!

̈ ̈What?¨ I questioned.

The young teen girl looked up and smiled at me. She had long curly red hair, a face full of freckles, and beautiful green eyes. I was used to an old corpse looking me in the eyes. Now I have a lively green looking me in the eyes.

̈ ̈No offense ma ́am, but you don't look threatening.¨ Said Astrid.

I whacked her in the shoulder.

̈ ̈Hey!¨ She complained.

¨Suck it up.¨ I replied.

̈ ̈Well I'm sorry, but you hit my injured shoulder ̈ She snapped back.

I Spun around so hard I got whiplash, she was holding her shoulder that was slowly seeping red. I gasped and immediately, but gently, grabbed her shoulder.

She glared at me and I glared back. She submitted which made me smirk. I then ripped her sleeve apart. She gasped and made a noise of anger. I just rolled my eyes and looked at her wound.

It seems that when she put the ward up she had just gotten scratched. The cut wasn't horribly deep, but it would need stitches if I wasn't a warlock. I used an older healing spell and closes the wound right up. I then looked her in the eyes which she stared back confused. I smirked and licked up her blood. By the time I was finished she was the color of her blood.

I laughed and then a cough interrupted us. We turned towards the girl from earlier. She had a smirk on her face. I scoffed drag Astrid behind me and said, ̈What do you want, Rachel?¨(WOO Percy Jackson kinda crossover)

She gave me a sorry look, then she closed her eyes and stood up straighter than I knew she could.

"I'm sorry but it's time," she says with a sorrowful look in her eyes.

Astrid gasped when her eyes opened showing glowing green eyes. She opened her mouth and out spilled that green mist from earlier. Astrid cowered into me making me blush, but I pushed it down.

̈ ̈When the sunrises on the darkest day the end is near for one.

Unbroken till true love breaks through.

The halfbreed is the key.

Warlock will disappear unless love breaks through.

The last breath is drawn when the darkest day is done.

To save or to die love is unbreakable.