eight

Nikol had already turned back into her vampiric form, quicker than Klaus, proving that the twins could choose when to turn.

The Mikaelson house was obviously quiet, Elijah and Rebekah in their rooms, and Nikol downstairs, lounging and relishing in her peace.

She sipped blood from the wine glass, looking through cabinets of things from decades ago, then pulled out a thick leather book, with the number 1920s stamped across it.

She set down the glass on a table and heaved the dusty book on the couch, opening it and smiling.

A picture of three Mikaelsons, sitting around a table, their blonde hair shining in the gaslight, their blue eyes devilishly bright and content, making Nikol smile.

She flipped over to the next picture, this time of only Nikol and Rebekah, holding hands, their shrugs falling around their arms as they sipped on blood, their red lips curved into beautiful smiles, their eyes directed at the camera.

She could remember that day vividly.

"Watch out sister. That ones got an eye on you." Nikol nodded at the man with auburn hair, glancing at the sisters.

"No Nikki...he's certainly looking at you. You've practically got everything on display!" Rebekah gasped as Nikol smirked, looking at the green eyes across the room, then down at her chest.

"Why Rebekah, perhaps I am looking for some fun tonight." She smirked, getting up, pulling her scarf around her and walking out of the booth with her sister.

She tapped the tall back, and a ravishingly handsome man turned around, smiling at Nikol, raising his brow.

"So. You could tell I was checking you out."

"I wonder how you could hear my conversation halfway across the room."

"That's a secret my darling."

"Not a secret if I share it." She whispered into the man's ear as he smirked.

"Another vampire? Delicious." He licked his lips, taking Nikol's hand and kissing it.

"Stefan Salvatore."

"Ah. The Ripper of Monterey. It's a pleasure."

"You've heard of me?"

"All of Chicago has my sweet. You're quite famous."

"Infamous I'd say,and you are?"

"I don't know if you'd want to know."

"And whys that? I won't tell anyone."

He came closer, bringing a hand to my face as I smirked, but then we were interrupted by a cough.

"Ah. There you are Nikol."

And simultaneously, her thoughts were interrupted by the door bell. Elijah walked down the stairs, fixing his suit as she went to the door, looking at him suspiciously.

"Visitors?"

"None that I know of."

Nikol pulled the door open, and it wasn't a guest, but a breathless and nervous stricken Stefan Salvatore, his green eyes emerald with shock.

"Oh! Elijah! It's a little ruffian! May we keep him?"

"This isn't the time for jokes," he grunted, shaking his head and walking in.

"Come in," She muttered.

"What is it?" She asked, bemused at the pacing Salvatore.

"It's Damon. He was bit by Tyler and we were told that Klaus knows the cure. Where is he?"

"Ah...that's a bit of problem. Klaus is still in lycanthropic form. Come back tomorrow!"

"He'll be dead by then! Don't you know the cure?"

Nikol bit her lip and looked at Elijah. Of course they knew what the cure was, but Klaus would kill them if they gave it without their permission.

"I...I...you'll have to wait till Klaus comes back."

"That could be forever! Can't you just search it up? Find it out?"

"No! Even if we knew, we'd have to ask Klaus. We're not a charity Stefan."

Elijah intervened as Nikol frowned, nodding at her and Stefan.

"I was in my way to go get Klaus. When I bring him back he'll decide, for now, just sit tight."

"Elijah let me come with,"

"No Nikol, stay here with him," he said, looking at the worried Salvatore.

Nikol fell on the sofa behind them and went on her phone, slyly watching Stefan pace around, biting his fingers.

"What's the big deal if he dies? Isn't he the one that promised you an eternity of misery? Doesn't he want to take Elena from you?"

"He's my brother!"

"Yeah, your brother who blamed your mother's death on you. Your brother who decided he'd spend his immortal life on haunting you. Your brother who wants your girl. Wouldn't your life be easier if he died?"

"If Damon dies, I have no one left."

"That's bullshit. The greatest thing about being a vampire is that you can travel anywhere. Be anyone. Meet endless people. But then again, you're afraid of being alone. And that's why you turned your brother."

"How did you know that?"

"I've heard a lot about you. That you were young, naive and scared to be alone forever. So you dragged your brother down into the darkness. In my opinion, if you left him to die, you would've been better off."

"And how's that?"

"Well, when Katherine came back for you she would've only had you to pick. Same goes for Elena. But then again. That would make life too easy. The universe likes to add a little bit of drama."

"You talk about my brother like he's a nuisance."

"Mine is."

"Yeah, everyone can see that."

"Me and Nik are exactly the same. Same creature. The first ever hybrids. But he's always seen as the stronger one. And I'm the anchor. People underestimate me. They think I'm weak. Too scared. Kind. Merciful. And Klaus is the opposite. A murderous psychopath."

"But still. You'd do anything for him. The same way I'd do anything for Damon."

"My life would be easier without Niklaus. Definitely. But he is my other lung. If he died...it'll be like I'm dying too."

"But you and Damon. The way Damon hated you...me and Klaus could never go against each other like that."

"Damon hates me because I turned him into a monster."

"Did you? Or did you give him a gift? A gift that not many people possess. Eternal youth. Speed and power that humans cannot possess. You have not yet to see the beauty within vampirism."

"Easy for you to say. You have a whole family by your side."

"It's not always been like this. The world has so much to offer. Culture, people, yet you stay in Mystic Falls, clinging onto the girl who looks like your old love. There are billions of people waiting for you."

Nikol turned to look at Stefan, her icy blue eyes burning into Stefan's emeralds. He could instantly feel something, similar to the feeling of forgetting something, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

And as they went quiet, they heard the door click, and Klaus' grumbles. He walked slowly, pushing his hand on the giant door and smirking.

"Heard someone needs a cure." He devilishly grinned, raising his arm to his lips, his teeth puncturing the snowy white skin, his lips curved in a horrible smile.