The big boss is an acceptable monster.

There was a lot more glass in this building than he expected. The leader of Port Mafia must be someone similar to himself. That was his initial thought process. But, between Dazai and Mori, Izaya found himself liking Dazai a significantly more amount. The more he stared at the end of this long table the more he loathed the sight of the small girl. It reminded him of Shizu-Chan walking the streets with Akane. It sickened him. The Port Mafia had been his favorite gang to uncover. Now? He found himself nearly gagging. 

"Izaya Orihara," Mori began. "I'm sure you think you have the world underneath your fingers. You're starting fights with a lot of big leagues despite being just one man."

"Fights?" Izaya shook his head. "I'm not starting anything," he spun his finger around, "I'm just stirring the waters." Izaya stood up and walked towards the window. He held out his hands and glared at the view. "Do you like humans, Mori-san?" 

"Should I?" 

"I love them." Izaya turned around to face him. He folded his hands behind his back and swayed on the balls of his feet. "I love humans so much. Whether they bleed, or love, or hate, or die, I love them all the same," his face contorted into a hideous expression. "I love predicting their every action and watching what they do. I love uncovering secrets, Mori-san, the deepest darkest ones that no one wants anyone to discover," Izaya ran across the room, jumped with a front flip and landed on the table right before Mori. "I know your secrets, Mori-san, and I know what you're going to do. I know that you have guards posted in the shadows of this room. I know that Akutagawa-kun and Chuu-Chan are standing right out that door to ambush me when I leave because you think I'll threaten you. You know what I know. You know that with a simple rumor I can topple Port Mafia to the ground and the lack of control scares you. You haven't seen someone so scary since staring at yourself in Dazai-kun and you don't know how to react to a threat so new that's so dangerous." 

Izaya cupped Mori's face in his hands. "And I love you because you are human. This palace you've maintained is one of the very few truly human things left in this world. You know the dark parts of humanity and don't rely solely on your ability. I like you, Mori-san."

"I'm not sure I return the sentiment."

"Whether you do or not, I love you all the same," Izaya stood up and turned around. He placed one foot directly in front of the other and pretended to stand on a beam as he walked across the table. "This city is held in a delicate balance. The Guild is virtually destroyed so they don't hold much of a threat. Fitzgerald is living a fairly normal corporate life. The Agency is close to your heart so you won't go against them any time soon unless you're backed into a corner. You don't even really want to attack the Rats either. There is trouble within your own organization that you're focused on. It would be a shame if someone were to..." Izaya pretended to lose his balance, "interrupt that delicate relationship you have with your people." 

"Are you threatening me?" 

"Hm," Izaya stood on the chair and rocked it so it stood on one leg. He balanced himself delicately on the back of it. "I'm not threatening you. No, I'm telling you what you're going to do. The Agency is going to try and offer you an alliance. The Rats are too. Why? Because they both find me just as unnerving as you do. You're going to refuse them and tell them to leave me alone. Because I can cause each organization to crumble with a simple rumor. Not just yours. This city would fall into royal chaos. You can't allow that to happen. You love this city more than they do. You protect this city." Izaya hopped and the chair broke into smithereens. The crash caused the door to be opened and the guards hiding in the shadows to reveal themselves. Akutagawa's Rashomon threatened to bite Izaya's head off while Chuuya was posed to strike. 

"Stand down," Mori ordered. 

"Boss?" Chuuya's eyebrows furrowed. 

"Stand down," he said more firmly. 

"I knew you would understand," Izaya ducked under Rashomon and over to Akutagawa's ear. He whispered something and the ability disappeared. "I'm taking your loyal dog here for a while, hope you don't mind. Please consider what we talked about. My words are a dangerous thing," Izaya's eyes gleamed in the darkness as the door closed. Just as he said, Akutagawa followed him out. 

"What is his ability?" Chuuya walked over to Mori. "Did you figure it out? Is it mind control?" 

"Chuuya," Mori shook his head. "I wouldn't allow yourself to think about him too much. You might fall into his trap." 

"Are you going to listen to him?" 

"He isn't giving me a whole lot of options," Mori leaned back in his chair. "What kind of hell hole did that man crawl out of? Have you found anything on him yet?" 

"Nothing, Sir. It's as if he doesn't exist." 

"No man doesn't exist somewhere. Keep looking."