Chapter 3: 9 Hours and 45 minutes left

Y/ns p.o.v

Millie was texting me?

"Hey Y/n, I don't have much time so you need to pick up your phone and read this ASAP," I read Noah the text.

"Has she said anything else?" Noah asked, right before my phone buzzed for the second time.

"I just heard my dad on the phone he's sending someone your way, he said it wouldn't take much to get in Noahs house. Also he asked the person to get money off Mr Schnapp or everyone in the house dies," I read out loud.

"Oh shit!" Me and Noah said at the same time.

We ran out of his room and headed for the stairs-

BANG!

 Me and Noah looked at each other, his eyes filled with devastation. I quickly pulled him away from the stairs so no one down the stairs could see him.

BANG!

The second gunshot echoed around the house making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

"What the hel—" Chloe came out her room practically shouting before I stuck my hand over her mouth to shut her up.

I placed my index finger over my lips, signalling for her to shush, before taking my hand away and leading Chloe into Noah's room.

Noahs p.o.v

What just happened?

I don't even know, it was just to fast.

I heard two shots does that mean...

I stood there completely frozen.

Y/n took me and Chloe back into my room.

I was faintly aware that Y/n was speaking in a hushed tone but I couldn't seem to register her words.

I finally zoned back into reality, only to find Chloe crying. I figured Y/n brought her up to speed.

"What are we going to do?" Y/n whispered, "There is a weird dude in your house. And who knows what happened down there. How the hell did they even get in?"

I knew how he got in, I just had to tell her and Chloe that I knew they weren't safe in this house.

"We're orphans now," Chloe spoke up thinking the worst and looked over at me, blotchy eyed.

"We don't know that for sure. We don't know what happened down there. All we know is your dad owes Millies dad some money. But I'm sure that as much as your dad would never have given a rando money, I'm positive he would never put his family in danger on purpose," Y/n said. 

"Still, my dad never gave him money and that's why." Chloe started crying again, "That's why our parents are dead!" 

I watched as Y/n and Chloe hugged each other both crying, the next thig I knew we where all in tears.

"Its my fault, I'm sorry," I cried.

"What are you talking about, we were up here the whole time?" Y/n asked confused.

"I knew the shutters where bullshit! But I never said anything. Dad always said they look good enough to scare people away so they don't need to work, how could I invite you around if I knew you wouldn't be safe," I sobbed. 

We all just sat there crying in each others arms and I got an odd sense of deja vu.  We had done this before, when we where younger Y/ns mum invited us over to watch the notebook and we stayed up hugging each other till we feel asleep. We couldn't fall asleep this time.