Chapter 85. New Settlements

Joy's POV

"Rachel! Good morning!" I stood in front of the office door as Rachel walked inside. I couldn't sit still the whole hour I was waiting for her to get here since she doesn't have early classes today.

"You seem hyper," she eyed me suspiciously, "like way, way more than usual . . ." she set down her bag on her desk, "Morning, Austin." She greeted Austin who answered with a nod as he left the office for his next class, leaving the room only for me and Rachel, as I expected for this time of the day.

"Racheeeeeel." I grit my teeth as I grinned at her, not knowing how to start with my news.

At this point, I have all her attention, "What? Did my little prank on Byron work?"

"Oh! That worked too, but this is on a whole different level. Come here." I pulled on her arm and placed my head beside her ear and spoke in the quietest way possible, "I lost my virginity."

I pulled away to see her suspicious gaze had immediately switched to a terrified one, "You were a virgin?"

"What? Haven't I told you at some point that I have no experience with that?" I said with disbelief, "And come on, that's all you're gonna say?!" I'm bursting with excitement here!

"I didn't think you were serious, I just thought you meant you're inexperienced or downplaying it or something!" Rachel seemed super worried and shocked, "Oh, God, didn't you leave with Matthew that night? And you had some drinks too. I can't remember if you were drunk when you left." She paced around her little space in the office, "Please tell me it wasn't with him." She stared at me with concern laced in her eyes as she grabbed hold of my arms.

I couldn't stop grinning as I got closer to whisper to her again, "It was with Byron."

Rachel's jaw practically dropped as I stepped away from her. I didn't think it was possible for her eyes to become even wider. She couldn't form any words and started flailing her hands in front of her, "Shut up!" She whisper-yelled at me, "I don't believe you. How?!" This time her voice could probably be heard by people outside the office.

"Cuz! Your little prank about texting him that I was gonna head to Droney's place after the drinking at the bar seriously pissed him off!" Rachel was bouncing from where she stood as she anticipated my every word, "He was so affected by your prank and he thought I was the one who came up with it! We had a fight in the college and he stormed off! He left his stuff too!"

"Wait, so how did it happen if he was so pissed at you?!" She asked in a rush with genuine curiosity.

"Well, after a bit, I brought his stuff to him, in his house in the middle of the night after I ranted to Droney about our fight. I thought I'd apologize to Byron too." I explained, "But! When I get there, he was drunk as hell . . . he was talking shit about me too and he was still pissed. But, when I was gonna leave, he stopped me and pinned me on the bed and magic happened."

I didn't understand why Rachel's excitement was replaced with worry again, "Uh, Joy . . . He was pissed and he stopped you from leaving, then he pinned you on the bed?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I tilt my head, not getting where she's going with it.

"But it was consensual, right?" She said in a low tone.

"Oh! Of course, duh!" I waved a hand at her, "Look, it is so much sweeter than how I told it. I still get butterflies when I think about it! I didn't know Byron was capable of being sweet." I couldn't stop giggling to myself as I remember the events, "For real, it was like a different person."