Pre read Author note

Hey guys! Bet you didn't think you'd ever hear from me again.

Well, I'm back, with one more little story to end this decade off. Back when I wrote 22 Short Stories from Gravity Falls, I had a bunch of story ideas left over. One of them was a story titled Bad Habits. The synopsis went like this...

"Fearing for his life and health, Mabel tries to help Stan quit smoking. At the same time, seeing she's not looking well herself; Dipper tries to help Mabel eat healthier. And at that same time, Stan tries to help Dipper stop chewing pens before he consumes too much ink."

It was a lovely story, but sadly not something I could fit into a one off. Cause of that, the idea was scrapped. But I always loved that story idea, so I decided to try again and this time make it into a full on story. I cut out the Dipper chewing pens bit, and made it into a Mabel and Stan bonding story. I was good to go. But I needed a beta reader, and my old one and I were no longer working together. 

At the same time, Adoption Au creator marehami and I were collaborating together on a new story for that AU on her page. I asked if she wanted to help me out on a Mabel and Stan bonding story, and she said yes. 

In the process, we decided to make this an Adoption AU story, as it worked well with the AU's criteria. It's set Before the events of Only Hope, but takes place after Part of Me. In terms of the timeline, this is where this story lies...

If you've read the Adoption AU, this will bring back some memories. If not, it may be a bit confusing, so I highly suggest you go check out the Adoption AU first before reading this story. You can find it on Marehami and Keleficent's fanfiction pages (or if you're lazy, you can read a summary of all the current stories via the GF Amino link in the summary).

I hope you enjoy this little surprise story from me. It's been nice writing fanfics again given I missed writing them a lot. And I want to give marehami herself a huge thank you for her help and for being such an awesome beta reader. I couldn't have done this without her, and I highly suggest you read her stories, as they're some of the best fanfics for Gravity Falls that are out there. 

With that said, I hope you enjoy reading, "Bad Habits."