A Final Author's Note

I want to once again give marehami a huge thank you for beta reading this story. When I first came up with this idea as part of 22 Short Stories From Gravity Falls, I always envisioned it to be more of a GF canon type story. But her ideas and inputs when I ran it by her made me realize that the story worked better in the Adoption AU. And, the rest is history. 

We wrote this story in a way that could lead the reader into the story Only Hope. If you've been wondering why Mabel kept having side pains, that story will tell you what it is. If you haven't read it yet, I highly suggest you go check it out on marehami's page. And if you haven't ever read the Adoption AU stories in general, please do if you can. They're some of the best written GF fanfics out there. Keleficent and Marehami put a lot of care and love into making those stories into what they are now. As someone who read them and became a huge fan of their work, I'm truly grateful that Mary was kind enough to give me the chance to beta read several of her stories and in return, was generous enough to beta read a few of mine. 

To marehami, and I want to say thank you for this opportunity, and to both her and Keleficent, I want to give a huge thank you for creating this amazing AU in the first place. Even though Gravity Falls ended almost 4 years ago, it's always amazing to see dedicated fans like them continuing to make content for this show and to help fans remain attached to the characters we love. It's a labour of love, for the cartoon that we all love so dearly.

I can't say for certain if I'll ever write more Gravity Falls fanfics, but I do think that I'll be in this fandom for a least a while longer. But with real life now asking more from me, I can't always give this fandom 110%. But whenever I can, if it is a sunny day, then you might just see another story from me, about a summer many years ago, in a sleepy little town in Roadkill County Oregon, called Gravity Falls.

Thank you for reading, and Merry Christmas :)

- That GF FAN