#1

Fear runs through my veins like a drug, it flows through my systems and puts me on high alert for any movement. not that it helps when you're bound and gagged in the back of a van. According to the demons I heard talking outside before we started moving, we're all headed to the human zoo. From what I've heard about human zoos it's a place where one or two humans are kept in themed enclosures and demons could look at them when ever they wanted, and if the circumstances were right, even buy some humans. I wonder how many enclosures this zoo will have. I wonder if I'll ever see my family again. I probably won't. They're probably on their way to the slaughterhouse right now. 

  The van slows to a stop and two young looking demons throw open the doors, a girl and a boy. They are wearing black tee-shirts that label them as human zoo workers and they're studying all the people in the van with me. "Look at this ones eyes! We can put it in the jungle enclosure, y'know the one with all the pretty blue flowers" the girl says, pointing at me. My eyes go wide. The male demon snorts and rolls his eyes, "sure, what ever." He says, bored. The girl reaches in and grabs the rope  binding my wrists together, she gives it a pull. I don't budge. She pulls again, this time with much more strength. She drags me out of the van and into the building, past many vacant enclosures and into the very center of the zoo. Opening a hidden door in the back of the enclosure she pushes me in and pulls out a small pocket knife. Slicing the rope around my wrists and untying the cloth gagging me she shoves me forward in the enclosure before closing the door behind me. Looking around I spot a small doorway in part of the large rock in the far corner of the enclosure. The enclosure is pretty big so it takes a few minutes to reach the rocks, but when I do I'm pleasently surprised. The  door way is just large enough that I don't hit my head going through it and it leads to a small room inside the rock with a bed, a small table and a chair inside of it. The room has no windows and is lit by a small fire place that can't be lit from the inside, which means it must be remotely activated. I hide under the bed.

   I end up falling asleep in my hiding spot and waking up later in the morning to a voice yelling "hello?" Accompanied by the sound of footsteps and branches being moved out of the way. "Hellooo?" The voice calls out again, this time closer. I recognize it as the voice of the demon girl who brought me into this place.

I watch her feet as she enters through the doorway, she walks around a bit before leaning down and looking under the bed.  My eyes are probably the only thing she can see right now, as it's very dark now that the fire place isn't lit. Her eyes are a light golden, a normal color among demons. Eyes in colors like blue or green are very rare in her species, unlike my own eyes. "There you are!" She exclaims happily, reaching a hand down to try and pull me out from my hiding spot. I move to the very back where she can't reach me abd she frowns. "Well ok, there is food outside if you want it's she says, shrugging. I watch her feet as she leaves.

I'm not going out to get the food. Not only do I not want a bunch of demons peering in at me, but I also don't trust the demons in charge of feeding me not to drug the food. Demons are not to be trusted.

My stomach growls loudly and I warrily climb out from under the bed. Peeking out from the door way show demons lined up outside, peering in through the glass walls of my enclosure. A small one sees me peeking out and points, the adults around him all see me for a split second before I dart my head back inside. "This ones pretty shy right now, we just brought him in, but he'll come out sooner or later" the demon who put me in here says to the crowd, I can hear her from in here. I'm so hungry. But they're still watching. I peer outside some more, I notice a small plate with a few fruits on it in full view of the demons. I need that food. That small plate alone could last me weeks. I sneak out of my little hiding spot and creep through the foliage until I've reached the very edge of the clearing. A few demons have their cameras out, though they can't see me now, they are waiting in anticipation for me to reveal myself. I don't want to, but I have to. Reaching my hand out I grasp for the plate, I hear gasps and the click of cameras, it takes a few seconds but I finally get the plate. I creep back to my hiding spot,  taking the plate of food with me into the small space under the bed.

The plate contains two apples and a banana. Three weeks of food if I stretch it far enough. Yeah I would be constantly hungry, but I was used to that. I have no idea how often they feed the humans here, You didn't exactly get three square meals a day when you're running for your life. I decide to eat the banana today, as it will go bad the fastest and I don't want to waste any of this food, who knows when I'll be fed again. I get out from under the bed and peek out the door again, all but one of the demons have left, the only one remaining is one that looks around my age. He has dark hair and red eyes which is not uncommon. He also has dark skin, his over all apearence  strikes me as Latino, like one of the groups we traveled with a few years ago. They had been nice. Until they died. Don't trust demons.

He catches me looking at him and flashes a smile. His eyes go wide when his gaze meets mine, I retreat back into the cave. I crawl under the bed again and end up falling asleep, that night I dream of being chased by demons again, only this time instead of capturing me, they kill me.