#2

I wake up to the sound of footsteps in the cave with me. It's the demon girl again. I crawl farther back under the bed. She crouches down and peers at me with her golden eyes. "Are you ok? You haven't been eating or even leaving this little cave" She says, concern filling her voice. She's lying. Demons do that a lot. "Why don't you come out from under there?" She asks in a syrupy sweet voice. a small candy falls to the ground infront of the bed. Then another one slightly farther away than that one. And finally a third one slides under the bed and skids to a stop infront of me. It smells like chocolate. I push it back out. I won't be bribed into being the main attraction of a human zoo. She slides the candy back under. I slide it back out again. She sighs in defeat. "What's wrong?" She asks, sitting down infront of the bed and peering under it at me. I don't give her an answer.

Eventually she leaves and I grab the candies she left. It's been forever since I had chocolate. It melts in my mouth and I stifle a groan. Curling up I take another nap, with less food I need more sleep. It's been awhile since I had water to, so my mouths pretty dry and I can imagine my voice is pretty raspy.

When I wake up from my nap it's because something is poking me in the face. It's a candy bar. The demon girl is pushing the bar into my face over and over again, while it's not any where near being painful it is pretty annoying. I grab the candy bar, it's a Twix.  My mom gave me a Twix once, it was the best thing I'd ever had in my life. Even better than when she found some  old school books and taught me how to read. Now I can ready almost perfectly. Reinhardt used to be an English teacher, so that helped. I push the candy bar to the side, I will not give her the satisfaction of seeing me accept her bribe. A second demon joins her on the floor, this one looks older, about thirty. But looks can be decieveing, who knows how old he actually is. "You're right. Most humans love Twix. Maybe he doesn't like caramal?"  He suggests. I ignore them. He pulls out a Hershey's bar and slowly pushes it under the bed with me. I brush that aside to. As tempting as it is to snatch them up and scarf them down, I will maintain my dignity. Both the demons frown. "Maybe he's sick" the older demon says to the honey eyed one. "Are you sick?" She asks me softly. I ignore her some more. Why can't they just leave me alone? Haven't they done enough? "We should close his exhibit, that way we can treat him better, he's obviously got something wrong with him." The older one says, the girl agrees with him. I also want them to close my exhibit, but for totally different reasons. I'm not to sure about their method of "treatment". They finally leave. As soon as they're gone I go for the Twix, I unwrap it carefully and with reverence. The last time I had a Twix bar was when I was thirteen. I can just barely remember how it tasted. I take a bite. It's so much better than I remember. I forgot how good these tasted! I scarf down the rest of the candy bar in delight. I love these.  I scarf down the Hershey's with the same reckless abandon.

  The two demons return hours later and are thrilled when they see the Twix wrapper infront of the bed, and the banana peel beside it. "While this is amazing, we still better take him in for treatment, he might have eaten this, but he is far from a healthy weight" the adult demon says while the golden eyed one celebrates with a little dance. "We have a patron looking to view his treatment so we'd better move him to the infirmary in time for him to see the poor guy" he says to her, never taking his eyes off me, I return the gesture. "You grab at him from the left, i'll do the same from the right, one of us will have to catch him." The man instructs. My eyes go wide. What ever they are planning to do to me, I do not want any part of it. The golden eyed girl moves to my left and the man shifts to my right,  leaving the tiniest of gaps in their formation. The golden eyed girl makes a grab for me and I shoot forward, aiming for the gap, only to be intercepted by the man. He grabs me and drags me out from under the bed as I struggle against him. Now that I'm up close to him I can see his eyes are a deep burgundy. "Let me go" I rasp as I claw at his arm, which he is using to drag me out of the cave and through the door. I grab onto his arm near where it connects to my shoulder and bite down hard. He curses and drops me, I dart back towards my hiding spot but he is quick to scoop me back up again and this time I can't get out of his grasp.

  The man drags me through many hallways until we reach the infirmary, once there he drags me to small barren room and lets me go. I dart to the farthest corner and pull my legs up to my chest, keeping a warry eye on each of them. The man leaves, closing the door behind him and sealing my doom.  A large window takes up most of the wall with the door, allowing me a good view out, and everybody else a good view in.

I'm left alone for the most part, with only the occasional visit from the honey eyed girl who will try to coax me into eating what ever food she has brought with her this time. She comes every hour with a new food, each one more tempting than the last, each hour I refuse.

  I hear a soft knocking on the glass of the window and look up, expecting to see the golden eyed girl, instead I see the burgundy eyed man. Next to him is the demon from before, the one I saw outside my enclosure. He is looking at me with such fascination and intensity it causes me to look away. "We don't know what's wrong with him yet, but we're working to find out. We have only been able to get him to eat a few things so far, but that's improvement." The burgundy eyed man says to the man from outside. "I see, Dr belikov have you tried giving him some water?" He asks, not taking his eyes off me. "Er, no. Me and Dr Lynn just assumed he had already had water when he can in and we were going to give him some tommorow with his food" the burgundy eyed man- Dr belikov- admits akwardly. The man next to him nods. "We'll do that right away" Dr belikov says, walking away. The man from outside my enclosure stays put, observing me. I observe him back. When Dr belikov returns he is carrying a small plastic water bottle. Approaching the door he pushes it in a little food slot. It rolls close to me and I lunge out and grab it so suddenly that Dr belikov flinches. Inspecting the seal on the water bottle  shows that it is unopened. Good. I twist it open and chug the whole thing in seconds. When I finish I put the empty bottle in the opposite corner. The two demons watch me in interest as I resume my position; with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around them to hold them in place.